ad: Retevis-1

Murder, Mayhem, Medicine and Money - W4PG on CBS's 48 Hours

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W4PG, Feb 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Some of you have probably noticed I'm not around these parts as often as I used to be. That's because I'm back practicing (never got it right the first time!) medicine again full time in a practice by myself. I had been out of medicine for several years so I needed to complete some re-training before the local hospitals would allow me back on staff.

I re-took my Boards, spent some time at my old training grounds at Emory University and then spent a couple of years working with a mentor to get me back up to speed. My mentor was Dr. Steven Schwartz, whom I've known for 20 years. All was going well and I was 99% back up to speed when Steve was brutally murdered, leaving me to take over his practice (which I had never intended).

His murder was very suspicious - he had a very modern security system that was turned off and the recordings taken. There was no sign of forced entry. He was killed in his garage during the middle of the day as best we can tell. It has become one of the most bizarre events I've ever been party to, so much so that 48 Hours is doing a show on it. And yes, I'm in it.

I have no idea what sort of "take" they are going to run with but it should be interesting. His wife is the prime suspect and I can attest that she is a bonafide sociopath who is nuts.

The show comes on Saturday night February 11. I believe it's on at 10:00PM Eastern time. Set your DVRs!

....................Bob

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Aren't MOST bona fide sociopaths nuts?

AA9SD, W4PG and K9ASE like this.
  3. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of strange twists to that case, eh?

Really ironic in view of what happened back in '61. Karma?

4. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

any idea when the 48hr show will air? very sorry to hear. Had a friend murdered 2 years back, but it was by his son and no mystery to it. It hurts thinking about the waste of a good life, 2 really.

5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

BTW just noticed the showtime...doh! :)

7. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

9 PM Pacific (per TV Guide San Diego area)

8. W9FTV

W9FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope, most become politicians or corporate executives.

AD5KO and KG5EXW like this.
  9. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Don Miller, W9WNV, beat you on all 3 points by many decades.

10. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Damnit I missed it.
    I remember Bob telling the story...

K9ASE likes this.
  11. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

12. AF6LJ

Holy Crap!

K9ASE likes this.
  13. W9FTV

Is there a reader's digest version for those who won't/can't do Adobe flash?

AD5KO, KG5EXW and AF6LJ like this.
  14. AF6LJ

Not really...
    And you do have to wade though at least one drug commercial in every commercial break. I can deal with the other commercials but the drug ones offend me.

15. W9FTV

Never did care much for CBS anyway. CBS doesn't bother with HTML5? They're not going to last much longer!
    It depends on the drugs :p The sad part is I'm into nexium and ambien these days. Not a whole lotta fun in those.