ad: chuckmartin

Motorola Solutions Files Suit Against Hytera Communications Over Alleged Theft of DMR Technology

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6KEN, Mar 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am someone who ‘lives by their wits’, which is to say, I have made, and make, a living by creating. As such my ONLY recourse to MAKE A LIVING by said creation is through copyrights, trademarks, and patents.

In the last twenty years, we have seen the wholesale rape of copyright. I am not talking about fair use: I mean stealing. Music is the best example-- try making a living by being creative as a songwriter or arranger. These are difficult professions to pursue in the best of times. Now, we are basically back in the era of Francis Scott Key. That’s 200 years ago.

Similar issue with writing—fiction and non fiction. The entire publishing industry has been thrown on its *ss by erosion of copyright (NOT by ‘media’ changes).

I have been fortunate as to be able to make a living, directly and indirectly, through all three IP types listed above. Many of you know I have secured basic patents on many antenna related inventions. I know patents; I correct young USPTO examiners who screw up on their office actions (many are a few years out of college and are patent examiners because they get free law school tuition). I am well aware the patent system is flawed.

But here we have a flagrant case where a foreign company has ,apparently,done deliberate infringement to overtake the market, and dump product in the US at 30 cents (it appears to me) on the dollar compared to MOTO product.

I have dealt with Motorola multiple times over 22 years, and at best I would describe that as a ‘mixed outcome’. However, that has nothing to do with this flagrant violation of inventors’ rights--and assignee ownership-- through patent described in the OP.

It is unconscionable, IMO, to ‘side’ with Hytera.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    NK2U likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

...so I brought up this thread, and along with it comes a pop up ad from Gigaparts to buy a Hytera DMR radio for $249....

heheheh!

N5WLS likes this.
  3. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well NOBODY can really blame any company in the PRC for "SWIPING/ROBBING" engineering info from any other company, no matter where they're located around the globe, as SOME AMERICAN OUTFITS HAVE BEEN DOING THAT AGAINST EACH OTHER FOR A 100+ YEARS!!! Our earlier NEMESIS WAS JAPAN!!!
    The "Communist Chinese" are learning from the VERY BEST, US!!! AND LITIGATION IS THE GREATEST "AMERICAN PASTIME"!!!

KF4ZKU likes this.
  4. NC5P

NC5P Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't know that Malaysia was part of China. Perhaps you could enlighten some of us geographically challenged.

N8UMW likes this.
  5. N5WLS

N5WLS Ham Member QRZ Page

deleted

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  6. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I remember this, and also the fact that he traded missile guidance technology with them for stays in the Lincoln bedroom and Piles of money, but the Monica thing blew up JUST as it was coming to light, and everyone forgot. He's a TRAITOR.

WD4DXQ likes this.
  7. KK4YDR

KK4YDR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah it is hard to convey sarcasm in text sometimes. I just go with it and hope someone out there gets it haha

8. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So, Motorola invented 'VOX', WHO KNEW. Seems to me we had VOX back in the 60s.

9. W4DXL

W4DXL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So true, RCA vs Edwin Armstrong.

10. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WELL EXCUSE ME SIR!!! AL GORE invented "THE INTERNET"!!! :)

11. WH6Q

WH6Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Al Gore and the President Clinton administration put internet many places where it had not been available.

12. CANADIANRFSOURCE

CANADIANRFSOURCE QRZ Member

Forget Motorola's lawsuit...Hytera has made enough $$$ from stealing technology that it never has to steal a single patent again; Hytera now simply buys its competitors or corporations with technology it wants. Hytera purchased Canada's Norsat just recently. The relevance? Norsat received $3.3 million from a U.S. Combat Support Agency for satellite terminals to support the U.S. Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. The DoD is reliant upon Norsat for the development of terminals and data-links for the new high capacity military WGS satellite communications system (built and funded in partnership between the United States Department of Defense (DoD) and the Australian Department of Defence.)

Norsat has received over $20,000,000 in funding from the Canadian government to build innovative defense products, which like the rest of Norsat's technology portfolio, is now in the hands of China's Hytera. The Pentagon is up in arms, as they should be!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...orsat-after-chinese-takeover/article35473880/
    Kristopher Richey
    Source of military surplus, government surplus competitively priced RF gear! cyberwarllc@gmail.com

13. KC5KBN

KC5KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe Motorola should bring their product prices down from the stratosphere if they want to sell