ad: M2Ant-1

Most look ups on QRZ

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by N6PAA, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N6PAA

N6PAA Ham Member

A while back, someone posted a question about most look-ups on QRZ. The most I have ever seen is 10,000,018 look-ups for KI6KY. And, it seems stuck at that number. Maybe I'm reading this wrong. John lives nearby and I only ever hear him most days on 7.255.

2. NI7I

NI7I Ham Member

You can edit your lookups to whatever number yuou choose.. I just changed mine back to zero..

3. NI7I

NI7I Ham Member

Just looked up his call and his actual lookups (in parens) is just over 4k..

4. N6PAA

N6PAA Ham Member

I'm not finding where I can take control or edit my lookups to any number.

5. NI7I

NI7I Ham Member

Lookup your call sign. Chose to edit your record. Edit your "calol sign" information.. You can change the look up number there.

6. W9OE

W9OE Ham Member

Oh Snap, the secret is out! I think the count should stand still until the (actual look ups) catches up with the embellished number. I don't know why some think that the amount of look ups is so important anyway. Everyone can see the (actual number) so why change the counter?

I spend a fair amount of time on 20 and 40 meters. However it appears that the bulk of the look ups to my page are local. I spend very little time (less than an hour a week)on the local repeaters.

It must be first impression syndrome. If I look up someone and the counter says 10,000 but the (actual look up) says 1500. My first opinion WT&??? Does not make for a good first impression now does it???

7. XU7ADQ

XU7ADQ Ham Member

Kinda like the people with huge cars.

I was always taught that they're compensating for something:rolleyes:

8. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member

When your 6'5" small cars just don't cut it no leg room.

9. AC4UT

AC4UT Ham Member

Wise man say " look up too much, get bird droppings on face".

10. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member

I have a friend who is 6'7" (and not skinny either) and comfortably drives a Prius. In fact he loves it. His old car was a Ford Taurus.

Maybe some cars are too small but most smaller cars will fit larger people.

11. AG3Y

AG3Y Ham Member

They'll take away my old Caddy when they pry it out of my cold-dead fingers !

Whoops, maybe I shouldn't say that. It almost happened to me once. No sense wishing bad luck on myself !

But I love that big car. It is nice to be able to get in and out of one without bending my broken neck too far !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.