More amusing than scam...

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AJ6KZ, Aug 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

It pays to do your homework.

K0UO and KA2FIR like this.
  2. N1RND

N1RND Ham Member QRZ Page

You will see alot of this from Japan on eBay. Older discontinued higher end HF transceivers listed at ridiculous prices. The listings usually have lots of hi-def pics and a big write-up.

3. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I WANT PARTS FROM USA, but postage is a killer , 6 dollars for the part, 45 dollars postage . hell no....

4. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It always pays to do your homework. I sell on the major retail sites, but if you want the best deal buy direct on my site. Commissions and other fees are a major portion of my costs, often far more the the merchandise cost. I pass the savings on to the customer if they buy durect.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

To a large part, thank Amazon. They get almost-free shipping and the rest of us pay for it.

Shipping for individuals has gone sky-high in the last few years.

Forget about shipping things like Boat Anchor radios. Them days are gone.

Dave
    W7UUU

6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting, what brands of ham gear do you sell?

7. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No ham gear, sporting goods.

8. KC2XU

KC2XU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its not only radios... saw on Amazon a six bottle box of Schweppes Diet Tonic Water. $26.97 for six bottles I get at Acme for less than $2.00 each. Nice profit there!

9. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If its sold under Amazon Prime you can guess why!

10. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Years ago I had a very used bass guitar effects pedal that I had $5 into. I put it on eBay to see if I could at least break even. I got $160 for it. The were still selling new for around $100 in a nice box. Before I went through with the sale, I e-mailed the buyer and asked if he was sure about what he was bidding on. I told him he could get them brand new for what he paid for mine.

He told me that in his case, that wasn't true because he lived in Alaska and would rather pay a huge premium than go shopping. OK.....so I took the $160 for an item that was worth around $20.

The buyers set the price, not the sellers.