ad: cq2k-1

Mod'ing ADMS cable from FT-2900 for FT-60

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KD7ARK, Apr 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KD7ARK

KD7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought the RT Systems software and programming cable for the Yaesu FT-2900 and have been using it with my FT-2900 for some time. I recently purchased a FT-60 and was hoping to create an adapter to convert the FT-2900 cable with an RJ11 connector to a TRRS. Before testing it out, I verified that Chirp was able to use FT System cable for the FT-2900. I then put my adapter on the cable and configured Chirp to download from the FT-60 but the radio and Chirp both error'd out.

Attached are the pin-outs for both connectors.

Assuming all my connections are good (I've double checked), do you see any issues with the pin-out? Or do you have any other suggestions/ideas I could try?

Attached Files:

VK4FFAB likes this.
  2. KD7ARK

KD7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

A "real" cable from Valley Enterprises arrived today. Before I tested this manufactured cable, I realized a mistake I made earlier. I didn't turn up the volume on the radio. (hand slapping forehead). I was able to get my cable adapter to work a couple of times and then it stopped working. The cable from Valley enterprises works great every time. I don't think my adapter cable has a loose connection but I'll have to check.

Attached is a picture of the end of the two cables. The top one is the Valley Enterprises cable while the bottom cable is an RT Systems cable for my FT-2900r that I created an adapter for.

Attached Files: