ad: ProAudio-1

Mobile radio with ALL Digital mode DMR,D-Star,C4FM Fusion a news or a fake ???

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, May 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K7CFO

K7CFO Ham Member QRZ Page

REAL. I too have purchased from Wireless Holdings and they were reputable. The ownership e-mails updates often on pre-release product updates, shipping dates/status, etc. Timing, I have no idea. But real, my vote is yes.

Side note: The built in LTE modem "could" create a recurring revenue stream for the manufacture.

2. KB0TT

KB0TT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sure that I saw / read about a radio ( prototype ) on

SOUTHGATE just this past week. ......

Foreign made .....

If I can locate that feed , I will let you know .. It was a 50 watter vhf / uhf with
    two designs for mobile and handheld .... They called it ' New Radio '. ..

JB

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  3. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ok....we attend the final 2016 when buy ( ???? if is not a fake ! ) but here in europe ..... DMR+ work ???

why this new mobile radio not say DMR ..... ? not support the normal dmr ????

4. IW2BSF

5. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

$900 to $1200? I see a big Christmas present coming...

I'll have to wait to see what materializes out of the NEW RADIO camp, as well, but this looks like a very, very ambitious product.

6. KC9AXZ

KC9AXZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The reason its not for sale would be first it's a prototype, and second it's not yet type accepted.

7. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Even Trademark names are protected.

8. IW2BSF

yes...now attend the xmas 2016 when arrive this new sdr radio dmr ...hi !

9. IW2BSF

attend the 2016 xmas..... if is not a big .... FAKE ! hi hi :)

10. W4LKO

W4LKO Ham Member QRZ Page

11. W0PM

W0PM Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a lot of misunderstanding as to what 'open standard' means. It does not mean that the standard is 'free'. It means that anyone can use the standard and that those who hold intellectual property rights to that standard have agreed to let anyone have access to that intellectual property under 'fair and reasonable' terms. It means that a manufacturer, who holds the intellectual property to the standard, can't sell it to one company and not another company, or sell it to one company under 'terms' that aren't as 'favorable' as the 'terms' under which it is sold to another company. On the other hand, if a manufacturer has intellectual property that they have not submitted to a standards organization, and that they consider to be 'proprietary', then they can do with it as they please.

I believe Motorola Solutions holds certain intellectual property for Tier 2 DMR, as well. This means that if a company uses any part of the DMR standard that falls under the intellectual property rights of Motorola Solutions, and they do not have a license agreement with Motorola Solutions, then they may eventually be in trouble, especially if any part of that intellectual property has been patented.

By the way, Motorola Solutions holds certain intellectual property rights to parts of the P25 standard and anyone who produces a P25 radio that uses any part of that standard that falls under those intellectual property rights, must have a license agreement with Motorola Solutions. So, the 'arrangement' with DMR isn't any different than what it has been with the P25 standard.

John Rayfield, Jr.
    WØPM

12. KB0TT

KB0TT Ham Member QRZ Page

You are CORRECT ....

Listen folks , it always HAS and ALWAYS will be ' ALL ABOUT THE MONEY ' ...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that concept .....

You would think that in the ' amateur world ' that for experimentation and the like that there would be no problem ....

The ' real fact ' is that there will be amateur radio manufacturers making MONEY utilizing " others' " proprietary schemes ( intellect ) ....

JB

13. IW2BSF

you speak about DMR , but ATTENTION this radio used the DMR+ (puls) NOT used in Europe..... hi !

14. N2ICV

N2ICV QRZ Lifetime Member #705 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

IW2BSF you need to READ and look things up before running you mouth! Yes there is a DMR+ and it's from Europe!!!! http://ham-dmr.de/?lang=en
    And the DMR+ TG's are linked over to Brandmister.

15. IW2BSF

dmr.DE ..... is germany , not italy !