MixW 2.12 and the Icom 720A

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by KD7HGK, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD7HGK

KD7HGK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm using MixW 2.12 to do digital modes. Once I have all the pins on my interface set up, I will still have to put the Icom IC-720A into transmit mode.  Can MixW do it or will I have to do it manually? I looked in the CAT menu and it looks as if my radio isn't specifically supported although there was an option under the Icom menu marked "Other" or "Custom".  Thanks.

2. K9ZMD

K9ZMD Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Jonathan,

Go to this site for mucho current and past info about using MixW with various models of amateur radio transceivers.  Your transceiver is almost certain to be represented.  You can also subscribe there to receive all new email commentary on MixW operation.  73

Gary Allen, K9ZMD
    Palmdale, CA

3. KD7HGK

Thanks for the site, Mr. Allen. I just joined a minute or two ago, and I've posted this query there.

4. KD7HGK

Well, I've gotten a reply to my query on that yahoo group. It seems that the 720 won't do CAT. I will have to do it manually, it seems.

5. W2PMX

W2PMX Ham Member QRZ Page

Most digital s/w supports tx through the serial port. This will work with any radio that has a PTT line. (I use WinPSK, so I can't comment on MixW, but I would guess that it has some sort of serial or parallel port PTT support.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.