Missing the Flag - Northen Ireland

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by HB9GWJ, Jan 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. HB9GWJ

HB9GWJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

The Northern Ireland flag is politically sensitive (there are three different claimed flags). As QRZ will not take sides, the flag is suppressed. The same is true with regard to one or two other entities and their flag.

W7UUU likes this.
  3. HB9GWJ

HB9GWJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks you very much for your quick Answer.

I understand QRZ.COM position.

Best 73s from Switzerland

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Very classy approach - I like it!

Dave
    W7UUU

5. AF7ON

AF7ON Ham Member QRZ Page

Northern Ireland is still part of the UK and its official flag is the Union Flag. However, the Union Flag in Northern Ireland is also used as a symbol by some political groups and is regarded by others as the flag of an occupying power. Politically sensitive is an understatement! QRZ is wise to keep its head down!

Mike
    AF7ON

KK4NSF likes this.
  6. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not have both flags? I agree that Geo-Politics can be a minefield, but if a person from Northern Ireland doesn't want to operate under the UK flag, maybe he should have some other option.