ad: rfparts

Missing "D"

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Deluxe - HRD' started by KJ4DJ, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KJ4DJ

KJ4DJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Shouldn't bother me but it does. I have Vista and V5 build 2356 and when I check states worked I see that MD is Marylan (sic). I can find the countries file, BUT have just not been able to find the file for the states.

Can someone point me in the right direction so I can add the missing "D"? TKS

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  2. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

[Where are you seeing the state? In the location field of the log entry? If so, it pulls that info from QRZ (normally).] Never mind, found where it was. I also found out Texas is spelled Texa. So there are several mistakes.

What I found funnier is they list Alaska and Hawaii as separate countries!

You'd be better off placing the info in the 'Bugs' list in the HRD forums at: http://forums.ham-radio.ch/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  3. KC7DRI

KC7DRI Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I saw Hong Kong listed in that file too while I was browsing through it.

4. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Staff Member QRZ Page

Alaska and Hawaii count as separate DX entities for purposes of DXCC.

.......Bob

5. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Staff Member QRZ Page

OK . . . . I give.

Where is the file and what name is it? :confused:

6. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, I didn't know AK and HI were separate DX entities. My bad!

OK, what I meant when I said I found where you were talking about, is where Maryland shows up without the 'D'.

I found it when I looked at my own WAS award tracking and noticed Texas without the 'S'.

I did not find a separate file (normally an XML file in the program structure) that contained the misspellings. So it looks like a software bug of sorts. Since you found it, you should get the credit and report via the link I posted.

7. KJ5XX

KJ5XX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have some left over "D"s and "S"s that I'm not using - be happy to e-mail 'em to ya! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.