ad: dxeng

Million Muslim March on DC. September 11, 2013

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by K2WH, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber

I say its a stick in the eye towards the USA and its no accident or coincidence this was planned for the 11th.

So, how many bleeding hearts will come out and support this? How many will attempt to "Understand and Sympathize" the muslim outrage and fail to understand or support non-muslims outrage? How will the main stream press handle this?

I hope they are checking ID's.

Also how will BO handle this and I'll lay even odds, he will be on vacation or some such thing where he is unavailable.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/1...ng-mass-demonstration-on-12th-anniversary-11/

K2WH

2. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member

Why is it "a stick in the eye towards the USA"?

There is an enormous variety of sects under Islam. At least as varied as Christianity. Would you assume that all Christians are the same as those who burn crosses? Or those who ran the Inquisition?

What will be interesting is how many actually show up.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber

I guess America's million muslims must not work, since it's a Wednesday.

I'll bet a million don't show up.

4. EI4GMB

EI4GMB Ham Member

Sounds downright insensitive to me!:(

5. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber

If not a stick in the eye to the USA, then to whom? Or are you going to be the very first one here to see nothing wrong with choosing September 11th?

K2WH

6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member

well, at least Jasser got it correct when he said:
    "These guys are problematic and they're trying to exploit 9/11," Jasser said. "If they were truly patriotic Americans and moderates, they'd be marching on the courthouse steps of the Fort Hood trial that's happening this week to tell Americans that we want the death penalty for Nidal Hissan rather than this circus that they're doing in exploiting the murders and horrific acts of 9/11."

I've lived in that part of the world, and muslims choose dates for a specific reason, to prove conquest

7. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member

Maybe they know that courts have a due process to follow without interference regardless of who the accused is or how serious the crime.

8. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member

I'm guessing DC will be smellier than a summer hamfest in Texas.

9. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member

thanks for the laugh

10. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member

It's a dumb move, that's all.

It sounds like some folks see all Muslims as exactly the same, and blame all for the actions of a few. That's like saying all of Christianity is inherently evil because of the actions of the conquistadors and the way Native Americans and black slaves were treated.

Look at all the wars Europeans have fought with Christians on both sides. Or the "troubles" in Northern Ireland. Or the "War Between The States".

btw, I always thought that some of the things that defined the USA were freedom of speech, assembly and religion. Even ones that some folks don't like.

Guess I was wrong.

----

And as I wrote before: it will be interesting to see how many show up.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  11. K6BBC

K6BBC Super Moderator

Apparently the organizer is an anti-semetic truther who believe 911 was a government plot. Anybody can call a march anything. My guess if ignored, like he should be, a hand full of kook truthers would show up. But Fox News never missis an opportunity to create a crisis and gin up the base while boosting their ratings.

bbc

12. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member

Your inane skeptical questioning doesn't hold water anymore.

Why do YOU think it would be a stick in the eye to most Americans?

Since you not most Americans, why do YOU think it wouldn't be?

Answer up... he's already laid down his opinion card.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  13. N9ZMO

N9ZMO XML Subscriber

I agree with your first part, but the second, it's not just Fox, it is all the media. Ratings sell, selling makes the money. It's not just one.

14. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member

BINGO! We have a winner!

But they, the Muslim community, could care less.

Hey everyone... prove me wrong concerning their lack of caring.

15. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member

like I said before, the muslims are VERY date/anniversary aware. they love to erect shrines where they have won victories.

for instance,.... "about" what date did Bengazi happen,............ jus sayin

16. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member

Holy Toledo!

It would be a time NOT to be in DC, but around it, if possible.

17. AC4RD

AC4RD Ham Member

A few years ago I had a sudden horrible pain in my ankle that made it impossible for me to walk. One of the physicians--a Muslim, a sweet wonderful caring person and a good friend--got a wheelchair and took me to the urgent radiology room himself. He told the staff to get me x-rayed as soon as possible and page him when they had the results.

Just this afternoon I went to a "last day" party for one of my co-workers--a sweet gentle kindhearted man named Hossein. A physician who works his ASS off taking care of patients, most of whom are Christian, and many of whom are st00pid enough to dislike him even without meeting him, because of his religion. I shook hands and wished him well in his new job--taking care of more Christians, some of whom are st00pid enough to dislike him without even meeting him--and he put his arm around me and asked one of the girls to take a photo of us together.

When a bad storm hit my home town a few years ago, I got a phone call from a Muslim I worked with a few years ago, a sweet kindhearted man, Ph.D. in chemistry, who loves his wife and his children and is deeply loyal to his friends. He called me to make sure my family was OK.

I've been working with Muslims since 1975, I've never worked anywhere EXCEPT university research programs, and I've known hundreds of Muslims, who have come to my house and I've been to their houses, and they've ALL been sweet lovely kindhearted people. If I had to pick between Muslims as a group and the drool-chinned Baptist b1g0ts around here, I'd take the Muslims in a heartbeat.

And I get really IRKED when stupid or bigoted people decide to dislike ALL Muslims because of their religion, when these people are so backward and insular that they've never KNOWN any Muslims.

18. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber

More than a few years ago, over 3,000 US citizens were killed by Muslim terrorists. I'm sure it hurt more than your ankle.

But I guess this is where I'm supposed to say "Not all Muslims are bad, most are hard working citizens" except for a few bad apples.

I've heard it all before and I'm sick of it.

K2WH

19. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member

Why? Because it just may be true?

How many Muslims do you know personally?

How many different Muslim groups can you name without looking them up?

20. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member

To be fair, Arabs are semitic. Dunno about Persians, but Arabs are as semitic as any decendant of Shem is. So when Isrealis and Arabs fight, wich one is being antisemitic? The rest of us are japhitic or hamitic, from Noah's two other sons. So when someone is against you and you're japhetic, you can cry antijaphetism. or antihamism if you're a descendant of Ham. And yes I am completely serious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.