MFJ-1835H Cobweb antenna review (high power version 1.5kW)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Jun 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-assoc
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This video includes the unboxing, assembly, testing and review of the Cobweb MFJ-1835H antenna (H for the 1.5kW high power version). Too bad the condition of the bands were not good that day, I will make another video when we have better conditions.

73 Pascal VA2PV

Attached Files:

W4AAX, K4MJF and NU4R like this.
  2. VA2PV

I noticed after I posted the video online that at 7:31 my shack radio (TS-990) is in USB not in AM like the Elad QRP outside. The TS-990 would have read a better signal in AM but not much (2 to 3dB max, just tested on the same frequency), so the signals are still similar. Sorry, my mistake.

W4AAX and NU4R like this.
  3. K2YNY

K2YNY Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR VIDEOS......IM GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO TEST THE ANTENNA OUT, EVEN THOUGH CONDITIONS WERE HORRIBLE....I HAVE THIS ANTENNA ON MY LIST OF PURCHASES...GOOD LUCK WITH IT, AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY DX AND SUCCESS WITH THE ANTENNA...73, GIL K2YNY

W4AAX and VA2PV like this.
  4. W6GMT

W6GMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just bought one from DX Engineering Project for tomorrow is to unbox put together and get it up for field day. I will try for 25 feet. I will add comments after assembly

W4AAX, NU4R and VA2PV like this.
  5. VA2PV

True this antenna is perfect for field day. Don't tight the screws too much if you are dismantling it after, otherwise you can damage the wire (I did on the first band, 10M) and keep the wire bags as they are identified. 73 and have fun, hope the conditions will be better than now!

NU4R likes this.
  6. NU4R

NU4R Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you sir and 73!

VA2PV likes this.
  7. NU4R

NU4R Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Be sure to keep us up-to-date Brock and how well it does @25 ft! 73 sir!

W4AAX, K4MJF and VA2PV like this.
  8. KA4VNM

KA4VNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome video, excellent quality. Visiting your fine city this year sometime. What is your full time gig?

Pat KA4VNM

VA2PV likes this.
  9. VA2PV

Thanks for the feedback. I work for a telecommunication company, I had no experience in video production when I started making ham radio videos in 2015. I discover a new hobby. I still makes a lot of mistakes, sometimes I able to correct it in post-production and sometimes I can't, hihi. All my videos are in 4k resolution, this represent a technical challenge, that's the whole purpose ;-) I made my first documentary in fall and posted online this winter, in 4K. Check it out and let me know what you think. By the way I’m located nearby Montreal. 73 Pascal VA2PV

K3SX likes this.
  10. BG3IQB

BG3IQB Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not have such a good condition to set up a large antenna system, only use MFJ-1788X, so very envious of you!

W4AAX and VA2PV like this.