ad: elecraft

Messenger 10 meter amp

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KC9LLV, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KC9LLV

KC9LLV Ham Member QRZ Page

Messenger 2v 10 meter amp. 2 motorola transistors, variable power, preamp. I got it when I bought a guy's mobile setup. Didn't want the amp, just the radio, but he wouldn't break up the setup. I thought I would use it eventually but never did. I have never used it, so selling it as used and untested. $55 shipped to conus. paypal or usps mo.

[​IMG]

2. N0FPE

N0FPE Ham Member QRZ Page

more info

So this thing is a unfiltered CB amp? If not what are the band pass filter cutoff points? and what is the bias on the transistors? low drive like a CB or higher?

3. KC9LLV

Nice red thumbs down. My answer to all of your questions is: I have no idea. I am not an amp person. Never had one (except this one), never used one. I got this thing as part of a package deal and want to move it. I guessed at the price. If you don't like the price feel free to lowball me. Like I said, used and untested.

4. KC9LLV

OK got some negative comments via pm. I am not a CB'er. Pardon my ignorance. Thanks for the attitude. Amp is no longer for sale.

5. TONYCLARK

TONYCLARK Well-Known Member

The man is just trying to sale something he don't need or know much about it. He can't tell what he don't know.

6. K4AX

K4AX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see what the big deal is, especially if you sell it to a ham. Sell it as a project, someone can correct the bias and slap a simple output bandpass on it, problem solved.

No need for the self proclaimed radio cops to come out of the woodwork.

7. K8SMD

K8SMD Ham Member QRZ Page

I need 2 sd 1446 to repair my amp. I actually need 4 but if those are sd1446 transistors I am interested in your amp for parts. I buy these at every chance and turn them into nice ham amps with tuned I/O circuits. Let me know.

8. W9MMS

W9MMS Guest

Gotta agree 100% on being Self Righteous!
    The Amp was offered to the Ham community, which is in compliance with the FCC.

9. KF6EZZ

KF6EZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Messenger amps are one of the cleanest CB/10 meter amps out there. i sell at electronics swap meets and always find it funny how some of the "hams" are so fast to turn their noses up at CB gear. usually after they ask what it is, because they don't know without being told it's for CB. then as they walk away they say something like " I need someone to wire this mic I just bought".

10. KF4ZHL

KF4ZHL Ham Member QRZ Page

Most CB marketed gear works on 10m, or even the HF bands in general. You can buy a lot of equipment marketed at CB'ers for a very good price. Antenna trimmers (manual and automatic), SWR meters, microphones, antennas, and even mobile RF amplifiers, etc. Granted, some of it is low quality, but so is a lot of ham marketed gear for twice the price.

The freebanders have really hosed up things for anyone interested in 10m monoband gear. You can't seem to win. You either buy a full featured HF rig, or you're lumped in with the no-code, CB, ham-wanna-be stereotype. I can't say I blame hams for being touchy about it though. CB has caused a lot of trouble for the 10m ham band in its history.

I also want to be specific of my sentiments here. I do not support unauthorized use of ham frequencies by the CB community, or the use of equipment that does not operate within specs. I do however support ham use of CB marketed gear when it saves them money or fits their needs.

11. W7LSB

W7LSB Ham Member QRZ Page

some people just have to show that they are a big bad ham, and 100 times better than a lowly CBer, and anytime someone tries to sell something that dont meet thier standards they have to let it be known. it just makes me laugh especially the ham that "will only sell to a licensed ham" get a clue guys If u wont sell it someone else will..geez

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.