ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Members of ARES Ontario supporting Charity Cyclist

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by Guest, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Some members of ARES Ontario are going much farther than conventional support of one of their own as he crosses the province in a solo effort to raise awareness of Air Quality issues.

Ken Dobson, VA3DDB put together a Byonics Tiny Tracker III to work with a Kenwood mobile unit that would provide APRS coverage for me, Jim Jütte, VE3JNJ, as I cycle from Windsor to Ottawa from Aug 25 - Sep 2.

Michael Morreau, VE3LKI; Rick Harrison, VA3NV among others are helping out with the Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Airforall

Others like Joe Cusimano, VE3OV, George Sansom, VE3GWS and Rose Scholtyssek, VE3RIS, provided helpful advice for the ride across.

All toll the ride will cover over 1100 km (700 miles) of secondary highway while pulling approximately 100 lbs of supplies.

My goal is to show the little things we do in our daily lives that contribut to poor air and the simple (and cheaper) solutions that clean the air in addition to highlighting the larger issues such as coal burning plants.

Cheers & 73

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.