ad: Sussex-1

Meet the judge who codes — and decides tech’s biggest cases

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N8JEA, Oct 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm some are 7 -figure.

Go figure.

2. NK7B

NK7B Ham Member QRZ Page

3. NK7B

NK7B Ham Member QRZ Page

I tend to agree with you, Papa Victor.

One of my five uncles, who was not a ham operator, did time in El Reno Federal prison because in 1938 he embezzled 20,000 bucks from a bank in Texas (the bank president was my grandfather!). My parents did not tell me about this uncle's "sin" until just before I went off to college in 1960--that struck me at the time as just dumber than hell. I think they must have illogically reasoned that I might become a bank robber upon hearing the news as a younger lad? This kind of FPOIE (Fussbudget Protection of Innocent Ears) is close to, if not identical to, censoring and removal of some QRZ forum post merely because the post revealed that a given ham operator's dad was supposedly a notorious crook, a small factoid whose mention may or may not have even been fully germane in the post, but nevertheless somehow irritated a number of ham readers.

I just don't get it. This whole situation maybe represents just a lot of hoo-ing and haw-ing over nothing OR it might well represent the equivalent of arguing that posting a positive online comment about the excellent illustrations in a new book on rattlesnake biology (for example) must be censored in retrospect because a few readers might take umbrage at the positive comment after misconstrual of the positive comment as a potential endorsement of releasing lethal serpents in all elementary school classrooms. Sad.

I don't know anybody in the "ham radio community" who endorses or glorifies either the commission of felonies or the release of snakes in our elementary schools. But it does seem that QRZ.com management folks must have a lot of free time on their hands.

James T. Lee, MD
    NN5BB
    Minnesota

W0PV likes this.
  4. KB4HVO

KB4HVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Th
    This is an awesome station. Hellicrafters SX-140 and an HT-40. I have the same setup today and I love it.