ad: elecraft

Marshall Island and Amelia Earhart's SOS transmissions-sending again

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K1YTG, Dec 10, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K4RT

K4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

He doesn't have to show us anything or prove anything to you. Considering all the garbage "news" posted on QRZ through the years, why should he be held to a higher standard?

VE7DH likes this.
  2. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think that this will turn into a 14.313 thing! The Marshal Islands issues their own calls, not the FCC

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Again, why should we inform and celebrate any illegal activity as Part 97 licensees?

I am open --explain why we should do this as per above.

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The Marshall Islands does not issue callsigns with the prefix KH.

NU4R likes this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

None has asked us to celebrate a future illegal activity. This one does.

NU4R likes this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I think you should copy the illegal transmission, document it, and file it as a formal complaint with the FCC.

NU4R likes this.
  7. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

You are making the assumption that it is an illegal operation. They may have a license issued by The Marshal Islands and using Earhart's call after their call. Like me using WN2C / Whatever I want after the call. It is perfectly legal according to the FCC.

And BTW, it does not fall under part 97

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am making no such assumption. I am using the alleged OP's original post. Go read it.

Use of that callsign is not on public record as authorized by the FCC.

As a Part 97 licensee, you have the knowledge base to know that said transmission is illegal.

If you hear any illegal transmissions, it would be in everyone's interest to report it with the FCC. Do you need the link?

Please don't make false assertions.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    NU4R likes this.
  9. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

You are the one who is saying it is illegal. Prove it!
    Or we will just have to wait and hear if it is illegal when it happens by the call sign used.

10. WB6FQZ

WB6FQZ Ham Member QRZ Page

11. WB6FQZ

WB6FQZ Ham Member QRZ Page

K1YTG comes back to Norman Greene....is this a hoax?

12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Possibly...but either way it doesn't give you authority to diss me.

NU4R likes this.
  13. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think anybody is dissing anyone. This was also posted in the news on eham by K1ytg

14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

NU4R likes this.
  15. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't have a complaint.... It is you who has the complaint. And, you are making an assumption. You ARE referring to it as 'illegal activity.' Why don't you record it and make a complaint? Like that would do anything anyway. I can't even get them (the FCC) to do anything about the splatter over from the CBer. Why would they even bother with someone in the Marshall Islands?

Seems to me as it is not even your concern to begin with since the alleged transmissions won't occur in the Amateur Bands.

W1YW, I suggest you stay off those frequencies at the specified times. I wouldn't want you to be involved in any illegal activity......

W1JAC, NL7IB, W6PEP and 1 other person like this.