MARS Mods

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KL7YK, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KL7YK

KL7YK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing at MODS DK on this one. Need to figure out how to take advantage of the IC-251A's split ability for operating just below and just above the 2m band.
    I can transmit in the ranges I need but cannot get the tone to work (Have added a TE-32 Tone Board fo the PL). Is there some trick I am missing here? Program freq one in as A and freq two as B then like every other Repeater set the PL tone (via the TE-32) set the VFO to both (A+B) and it no workie! This works fine for normal 2m band repeaters. Just not for the required MARS spread. As transmit works in the ranges needed it must be something to do with the split (not the normal -+600k).

2. KL7YK

KL7YK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks to KL7FZ and KL7W for the insight. The Deviation Tone from the TE32 was the culprit. Once turned up a fraction it was able to in fact be heard by the MARS Repeater. Combination of low tone freq and low tone settings, were enough to not allow the repeater to hear the input tone. Yet again I have extended the useful life of a very nice old Icom!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.