ad: M2Ant-1

Makrothen RTTY Contest - 2016 Results published

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6TU, Oct 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K6TU

K6TU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pizza Lovers 259 is pleased to announce the availability of the results for the 2016 running of the Makrothen RTTY Contest. You can view the results and generate certificates for your entry by visiting the PL259 web site at:

http://www.pl259.org/makrothen/

Use the Makrothen menu at the top of the page to navigate to the Results, Certificates etc.

Watch for a follow up announcement of the results from 2015 – these are being compiled as I type and should be available within a few days.

All this would not have been possible without the tremendous efforts of Scott MM0LID who jumped in and undertook the log collection and scoring process for 2016. A wee-dram toast to Scott for his speed, enthusiasm and willingness to give back to our great hobby (ok – obsession)!

Sincere thanks for their guidance and encouragement also to Jeff WK6I, Ed W0YK and Don AA5AU!

We would also like to say Vielen Danke! to Waldemar DK3VN and his colleagues for creating the Makrothen RTTY contest and for their support of the contest over the last many years! We very much appreciate your efforts and wish you well for the future!

Please send any questions, corrections etc to me.

73! Stu K6TU
    Makrothen RTTY Contest Manager on behalf of PL259

NC6K likes this.
  2. NC6K

NC6K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Stu,

A huge thanks to you, Scott and anyone else that resurrected Makrothen. While I didn't get to operate for too long, it was a lot of fun and I plan to definitely participate next year.

Eric NC6K