Making Web Pages

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WSB, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's a handy checklist for making a website suitable for amateur radio use.

- Make sure you have lots of animated gif's
    - Make sure you have a midi file (or some other obnoxious noise) playing in the background
    - Flashing text says "this is important" - use it as much as possible.
    - blue, yellow, grey, black and cyan go together - its true!
    - Black with dark blue text makes for an easy to read website - kinda like sorting through a cw pileup minus the narrow filter - but this time its all digital! If people can't read it they don't deserve to be hams anyhow.

2. KB1GYQ

KB1GYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

You forgot that the entire page should be '.'s and '-'s ! Real HAM's always use morse.

3. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KB1GYQ @ April 08 2002,07:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You forgot that the entire page should be '.'s and '-'s ! Real HAM's always use morse.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I did visit a few sites where they had midi file playing morse code - usually of their dogs name, or their callsign over and over and over.

Its enough to drive anyone nuts - I guess maybe some people don't visit their own sites after they make them?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Not to mention use of the &quot;es&quot; such as &quot;Here is a photo of the XYL es harmonics, HIHI&quot;

How stupid a term, makes no sense at all even with a fertile imagination! The whole &quot;CW use as/in English language&quot; doesn't make you look intelligent or funny, but just the opposite.

These terms surely include:

ES
    XYL
    Harmonics
    HIHI
    &quot;mobubble&quot;
    &quot;destinated&quot;
    &quot;saltmine&quot;
    (a few others that escape me right now)

The whole MIDI file thing is the reason why I MUTE the sound 99% of the time on my machines. Unless I am listening to some sort of real or REAL audio, it is always off. Now I know exactly why I do when visiting moronic ham sites!

RM

5. K7PIG

K7PIG Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, making a webpage, visit my super-site, RM will agree with me, it's No. 1.
    Ya see, time and effort brings it all into play.
    Put another hit on the counter of the page and another hit on qrz.com w7sns, it's just wonderful.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

It sure is a Super Site!

I love Schmedley!

I want him to guard The Radio Fortress out here Wally!

Can I hire him to moonlight or would you clone him?

[​IMG] RM

7. KG4RYT

KG4RYT Ham Member QRZ Page

WHAT TYPE OF RAGCHEW IS THIS
    [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]
    THE ABOVE IS A TIPICAL HAM NET

8. KF4LNE

KF4LNE Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't forget the 3 1/2 megabyte club logo jpeg that chokes down even the best of dial-up connections (thank you DSL&#33[​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG] YO, RM...........

If Schmedley comes ta visit, don't mess with the bazooka.......... ya might shoot terslf n da fut es that wud hurt! [​IMG]

73 de Craig..........KCØGOA [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.