ad: Radclub22-1

Maj. George T. Weschler KE4MKT (SK)

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K4AMF, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KD7SJT

KD7SJT Ham Member QRZ Page

Fair Winds and Following Sea's my brother in Christ. May you rest in peace, and may God Bless your family for supporting you in all of your past endeavors. May you gracefully, peacefully and lovingly be accepted in the Christs open arms as He welcomes you home.

73 brother,

Earl Gray
    KD7SJT
    Disabled US Navy Veteran
    DAV Lifemember

2. K4UUG

K4UUG Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry for your loss my friend. May the Lord give you and your family comfort in this time of bereavement .
    here is a song for you it is my hope it brings you comfort. http://youtu.be/k8wS1MQgCGY

3. K4UUG

K4UUG Ham Member QRZ Page

n1dvj is the only one who complains just shows how shallow and thoughtless he is.

4. WX1DX

WX1DX Ham Member QRZ Page

My Grand Father was the first born us citizen on my dads side to German parents that meet on the boat to Ellis island. He enlisted at the start of WWll. He was at D-Day and served as a translator attached to a radio unit I can remember watching fireworks one forth of July with him seeing him white knuckled and shaking from them. He never spoke of the war what I know of his service I know from the rest of the family. Many people do not recognize the life sacrifices this generation made to keep us free. We should all take a moment not just on 911 but regularly to remember those that have given there lives to keep us free. I am reminded of this quot.

"I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. Yours very sincerely and respectfully, Abraham Lincoln."

May the Major's family and friends find peace, may our heavenly father comfort them as he welcomes his son home.

As America felt that cool December 7 day and then on that crisp September 11 morning. Let us
    NEVER FORGET!

5. WA4OAU

WA4OAU Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike, in the last century there were 3 major events that affected just about everyone in the world. First was World War I, next was the depression and finally the Second World War. Many folks in the Major's age range experienced, possibly all 3, to some extent. The Major had a long life and probably had many friends all around the world, both ham and non-ham. For his ham friends world wide there is no better place to post the word of his passing than here on QRZ in this forum.

For you to become active again on the low bands you may want to consider combining your love of sking with SOTA. Summits on the Air would be a perfect fit and allow you to make QRP contacts (perhaps with an Elcraft kit or something of your own design) and then enjoy a down hill run to finish the day. Think about it.

Gene WA4OAU

6. N1DVJ

N1DVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, I'm serious. If there's a reason I should know this guy, I would like to know it.

I meet a lot of people that I know by voice, by face, or other aspects. At the same time, I may find a name or a call 'familiar' but I don't remember why.

I've run into people that I've know for totally out of the park reasons. I meet them at one time or event, and find out that we knew each other years ago for something totally unrelated.

In one case the connection to someone was so off the wall it was something that was totally off the table for anything remotely predictable.

Like I said, If you are going to post here, I really wish people would post more.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  7. W2KRH

W2KRH Ham Member QRZ Page

A prayer

My God bless and keep him, make his face to shine upon him and give him peace.

His was aptly named the Greatest Generation.

Ken
    W2KRH

8. N2ADP

N2ADP Ham Member QRZ Page

Gear Up!!!

He has slipped the surly bonds of Earth and now climbs the skies on laughter silvered wings!!! God Speed. Major!!!! Joe, N2ADP, USAF ret.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.