ad: vanity

Mac Panadapter software???

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by W5GD, May 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W5GD

W5GD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm using NETlogger, RUMlog, FLdigi and FLrig and all of it works great, (except a problem connecting to LoTW). I want to have a pan adapter running in my shack and I have the necessary hardware on the way. However, I cannot find any Mac OS software for this purpose. Although I have a Win 10 machine in the shack as well, I hate to abandon the Mac just to get the functionality of a panadapter. Is there any such Mac OS software available? Is anyone working on some sort of panadapter functionality for Mac? I plan on using an RTL SDR usb dongle with a feed from my rig's IF.

2. AF9US

AF9US Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Radio Operator:

This page has many SDR software programs listed for Windows, Linux, Mac and other platforms: https://www.rtl-sdr.com/big-list-rtl-sdr-supported-software/.

There are many software packages listed, it may take a while to find the ones you want to try.

In my research for an SDR to connect to the IF from my Icom, I looked at only the SDRs that have Mac software available, and hopefully free!

Regards,
    Bernie, AF9US

3. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I gave up on Mac software for ham radio. Tried a bunch.....none compared with what was available for MSOS.
    My shack computer is a Windows 10 desktop with a large screen. And not all free software is worthwhile. Fldigi and JT software being exceptions to the rule! Both are FB.

All my other computing: personal, music, photography, web surfing, library eBooks, etc is on a MacBook or iPad.

I'm happy this way!

4. AF9US

AF9US Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Walter, W5GD:

In the App Store, there are three IOS apps available. The price ranges from $0.99 to $9.99.

Bernie, AF9US

5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

6. W5GD

W5GD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanx to all who responded! Machamradio.com was obviously my first choice, since I'm already using their software. But the only packages were for Flex 6000 radios. I tried the App store, but didn't see anything. I'll take a look at the RTL-SDR site. I actually didn't think of that, LOL. That is the dongle that I've ordered. I'll also take a look at CubicSDR.

W5GD

7. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Walter,

I think you're confusing MacHamRadio.com and MacLoggerDX/DogParkSDF made by Dog Park Software. MacHamRadio.com is a news and information site all about ham radio on the Mac and is a great resource for anything amateur radio related on the Mac, whereas MacLoggerDX / DogParkSDR is software made by Don Agro at Dog Park Software. So again, I stand by my recommendation to check out https://www.machamradio.com/links/#software-defined-radio-sdr.