ad: NI4L-2

MAC OS High Sierra, Digital Program

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by NL0H, May 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
  1. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Where does your Signalink connect to on the 891? Doesn't it connect to the rtty/data jack on the back?

Now, if you mean the USB port, did you install the drivers for the USB port? It won't appear until you've installed the SILabs drivers for macOS, available https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/software/Mac_OSX_VCP_Driver.zip. Make sure the USB cable that connects your FT891 to your computer plugged in, or else the install will fail. Once installed, you'll have to authorize the driver to load by going to the Security & Privacy Pane of System Preferences. Once authorized, then plug in your USB cable and you should be able to get it to work just fine.

2. NL0H

NL0H Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it is connected to the rtty/data jack.

I do not have anything connected to the USB port because I am not using CAT control.

3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Then, I'm not sure what you meant when you wrote "TX and RX is working now... but only if I have an audio cable from the radio to SignaLink for RX like before. I should be getting RX from the data port."

If the SignaLink USB is connected to the 891's RTTY/DATA port, and if TX and RX is now working, what other "RX" do you expect that you should you be getting from the "data port"?