ad: elecraft

LOWER 48 Only?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K1AVE, Mar 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1AVE

K1AVE Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do so many listings specify LOWER 48 or CONUS only. I've used USPS Priority boxes and the price for "If it Fits, it Ships" is the same to AK as it is to an address here in NC. Give our fellow hams the chance - doesn't cost the shipper any more!
    Gene - K1AVE

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

There are other shipping methods in addition to USPS priority boxes. Do they have a priority box for a National NC 303, for example?

W7UUU and N1VAU like this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It should depend on who is paying the freight. Too many guys just spout it like a boilerplate requirement in an ad.

W7UUU likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For 95% of what I sell, if it's too big for a USPS Flat Rate Box, I simply don't quote anything about freight. Buyer pays exactly what it costs whether you're in my hometown or the other side of the country. You live in Fairbanks and want to buy my DX-100 transmitter and are willing to pay $700 in truck freight to get it there in 4 weeks? Fine! $900 air freight to Hawaii? no problem.

Dave
    W7UUU

N1VAU, N3AB and K3XR like this.
  5. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

You are right. It seems kind of silly. But the greater scheme of life it is his ad and it his choice what he wants to put in his ad. If he can't see that it is limiting his number of potential buyers that is his problem. This is talked about a lot and just like the improper use of Paypal friends and family is talked about a lot there will always be sellers until the end of time that will never understand. :D

John, WB0MPB