Lotw Set up

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W2DFC, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KB2OEV

KB2OEV Ham Member QRZ Page

I am having the same issue. So I don' t think you solved it yet. Log book of the world set up is not working. It works with other sites except QRZ.

Bob, KB2OEV

2. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

At the present moment, passwords cannot be used with the certificate. This may change soon, however.

Follow the steps outlined in the quick start guide by clicking the red "Help" button in the LoTW setup page.

3. N4RRR

N4RRR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I figured it out! you need to go to TQSL program, go to Call sign Certificates, then on right red file says "save the call sign certificate for your call, That is the P12 file you need. remember where you store that.

That is the P12 file you need. When you look for it with the file upload it will say .personal information.

Hope that helps everyone

D.J.
    w0neo

4. WA7CMR

WA7CMR Ham Member QRZ Page

I am having the exact same problem "The LoTW Certificate/Key you provided is invalid.". I have followed the directions to the letter... Here is my log of the most recent failure:
    Unsuccessful Certificate/Key Import for WA7CMR.
    Either the key was invalid, or the key was NOT for the callsign associated with this logbook (WA7CMR)

TQSL Output:
    17:26:31:
    Import completed successfully
    17:26:31: Error: Failed to create a temporary file name (error 13: Permission denied)
    17:26:31: Error: can't open user configuration file.

Root Certificates: Loaded: 0 Duplicate: 0 Error: 0
    CA Certificates: Loaded: 0 Duplicate: 0 Error: 0
    Callsign Certificates: Loaded: 0 Duplicate: 0 Error: 0
    Private Keys: Loaded: 1 Duplicate: 0 Error: 0
    Configuration Data: Loaded: 0 Duplicate: 0 Error: 0

Corey, WA7CMR

5. N0AMT

Corey, are you a Mac user?

6. WA7CMR

Yes I am. I can try it from a windows machine but would like to know if there is a way to make it work from a mac

7. WA7CMR

I was able to get this working from a Windows VM, I suggest adding this to the directions or resolving the formatting issues.

8. AI6KU

AI6KU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This still doesn't seem to work on my MacBook. Is that problem fixed yet? I continue to get the error message that my certificate (.p12) is not valid. I know it is, I used it all the time uploading logs to LOTW. Thanks, Bob KK6FXV

9. N0AMT

Unfortunately, it is NOT valid. The ARRL has confirmed that the Mac version of TQSL is broken, and is creating "key only" certificates, which work for TQSL, but are invalid for QRZ.

Right now your only solution is to create your key on a windows computer. The ARRL is working on a new version of TQSL to resolve this.

10. N0AMT

The ARRL has released a new version of TQSL 2.0.3 which resolves the issues Mac users have been facing with the "invalid certificate" message from QRZ. You can download the update here: http://www.arrl.org/tqsl-download

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.