LoTW now has WAZ award.

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by AB8MA, Apr 2, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Sweet.

upload_2018-4-2_12-55-25.png

K2HAT likes this.
  2. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice! And to my surprise I have all 40 zones confirmed in CW :) Didn't know that. (SSB: 1 zone)

W7UUU likes this.
  3. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Not perfect.
    JT1CO and BG2AUE show up under "mixed" as zones 23 and 24, but are missing from "5-band"
    Missing VU2ELJ who is confirmed zone 22 by QSL card only.
    Missing VO2NS who is confirmed zone 02 by QSL card only.

I was able to dig out all the required cards a few years ago, and I do have my CQ WAZ award.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  4. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One other shortcoming I see is that WAZ-on-LOTW doesn't seem to support the creation of rules-based accounts (like are used for WAS or VUCC).

That's important if you have a mix of "local" and "remote" contacts in your log. I'm eligible for a couple of different variations of "traditional" WAZ, but if I submit through LOTW, I'm offered a mix of local and remote contacts.

5. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

6. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I knew I worked all 40 but didnt know I had 40 Zones confirmed on LoTW - thanks for the tip.

7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Like so many old guys, I need to catch some more Z's :p

waz.PNG

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  8. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have my mixed award on the wall, but one of my zones is not confirmed in LoTW (It was paper QSL). I wonder if there is a way to get it to show up in LoTW? I qualify for the basic 5B WAZ but I'd like to spend a year or two filling in some empty spots and boost the numbers a bit before I get around to submitting for 5B. 200 ain't gonna happen tho with this antenna.. I'd need a vast improvement on 80 to hit some of those zones in the 20's from here.