LoTW begging

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2CQW, Jun 8, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all: Is it bad form to pester (gently remind) a contact to please confirm in LoTW?. 73

2. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK if done in a friendly way. Be willing to accept any refusal to confirm without argument. Same as with cards.

K2CQW likes this.
  3. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've had several people ask me to confirm and they are generally very nice about it. I have no problem with it as long as it's nice though most of the time I confirm all by EOD. Sometimes I stay up too late and forget. (QRZ logs automagically)

I have one person I would like to ask, (AK ham to complete my WAS), but I'm trying to remain patient as the same ham has confirmed my buddy both here on QRZ and on LotW.

K2CQW likes this.
  4. VE3CGA

VE3CGA Ham Member QRZ Page

certainly ok
    easpecially if they say they confirm on here or lotw

K2CQW likes this.
  5. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks all. I will respectfully email them. 73

6. VE3CGA

incidently, I've had about 5 email requests for qsls from swls - kinda nice
    and a few confirms requests as well

AE7BT and K2CQW like this.
  7. AE7BT

AE7BT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In the past 5 years I received two QSL cards from SWLs that heard me on the air. No electronic requests yet.
    I was happy to get them and to send them a card back. Nice to know they are still out there listening.

KB4QAA likes this.
  8. K4HX

K4HX Ham Member QRZ Page

I get about 5 SWL cards a month - all from Europe and most from Germany and the Czech Republic.

9. VE3CGA

its great to get swl reports. Some swl'rs are quite organized over there, with more extensive/expensive equipent than I've had
    Got a couple swl reports from my sstv qsos, some via email
    I wonder if this is a sign of the times with some sw broadcasters going off air.

10. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I suppose there isn't anything wrong with it, but I would allow a fair amount of time before asking. Some people only upload once every few months. I usually upload once every couple of weeks or if I burn through a log sheet (yes, I still log on paper and manually type them into TQSL).

KB4QAA likes this.