ad: N2EST-1

LoTW (ARRL) error tq.5

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by CU3AK, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CU3AK

CU3AK Ham Member

I'm getting this error always and I can't get forward in the process. I already follow the instructions as it showns the link and nothing.
    I tried to check on the web for this error and nothing, not even in the ARRL page. Or I'm looking wrong.
    Can someone help me with this pse ... tnx

Certificate request processor result:
    Started processing your New Certificate Request.
    For call sign: CU3AK
    For DXCC Entity: AZORES (149)
    For QSOs not before: 1984-07-19 00:00:00
    For QSOs not after:
    Call sign, DXCC Entity and QSO date range don't match up
    **Your certificate request contains error(s); please correct and resubmit.
    See http://www.arrl.org/fixcert for more information.
    Here you can upload a certificate-request (.TQ5) file.

Eloy
    CU3AK

2. N8MSA

N8MSA Premium Subscriber

Good morning Eloy -

I recommend that you contact ARRL LoTW support team directly:

lotw-help@arrl.org
    They have been very helpful in correcting a couple of minor issuses that I had.

Good luck!

3. CU3AK

CU3AK Ham Member

Hi Michael, N8MSA,

Thanks for the tip. I just finished to send an e-mail to ARRL.

Eloy
    CU3AK

4. CU3AK

CU3AK Ham Member

I sent the e-mail on the 6th until today nothing received. Are they usually that slow ?

CU3AK
    Eloy

5. N8MSA

N8MSA Premium Subscriber

No, they usually get back to me within an hour. I'm sending you a PM.

6. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member

I had a tq.5 problem with lotw several years ago, never heard back from the ARRL. I always assumed it was because I was not a member at the time.

fp

7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member

It would seem to indicate that the date you used (not before: 1984-07-19 00:00:00)
    may include a range of time for which your callsign was a callsign not assigned to Azores, or not assigned to you.

You need to be sure to use the correct date of your current callsign being issued or the date of your first QSO
    with that specific callsign and that the callsign at the time you use was issued to the Azores
    and not some other DXCC entity.

You cannot overlap the range of dates that you have had the callsign, nor if it was previously assigned to some other
    entity and later transferred to yours during the range of dates you specify.

Without all the specifics to your callsign, I can only make an educated guess as to what the problem is
    but I have heard of this being the problem before sometimes with Russian callsigns.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  8. N1JGE

N1JGE Ham Member

Told me something along the line that I didn't have computor skills. They are probably right I still don't have LOTW and that was two years ago.

9. CU3AK

CU3AK Ham Member

Thanks for the information ..... I solved this problem. I have enter the date 1986/01/01 and all was ok. The new callsign was issue yet during the year 1985, but seems that arrl has it only after this date. Since I only have a few qso's in 1985, I will not miss nothing.

N8MSA thanks for the pm. I will keep the information for further information that I may need.

73 de
    CU3AK
    Eloy

10. ZL2HAM

ZL2HAM XML Subscriber

You don't have to be an ARRL member to use LoTW.

11. N8MSA

N8MSA Premium Subscriber

Glad to see that everything is OK! Hope to see you in my log(book) of The World :)

12. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member

My computer skills go back to MSDOS/PCDOS on a 8088 machine. I found out in a round about way that you could not sign up for LOTW on one computer and then use the computer in your radio room at home. I signed up on my work PC.

fp

13. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member

Yes you can.

14. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member

They claim that now! Had everything gone smoothly I would of been considered an "early adopter".

fp

15. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member

You have always been able to. To reinstall LOTW or put it on a second computer you need to have saved the P12 file but it seems hardly anyone does.

16. CU3AK

CU3AK Ham Member

Don't I have to receive an email from ARRL to procede to the next stage ? So far nothing ...

Eloy
    CU3AK

17. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator

I have the same problem here.

18. CU3AK

CU3AK Ham Member

N5YPJ ... do the same I did I had to change the data wich the callsign was given by the local authorities and it worked. Check your callsign assignement.

Don't I have to receive an email from ARRL to procede to the next stage ? the .tq6 file ? So far nothing ...

CU3AK
    Eloy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.