Loss of Receive using WSJT-X

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K7GQ, May 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes, I believe that you're right that it wasn't in HS. Gatekeeper doesn't block audio, although it could block the driver from loading: but you're correct that the other programs would be affected as well.

Strange.

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I've re-booted this MBP, and as well, have left it off for some time.

Again, the receive audio is making it to the /System Preferences/Sound panel where the audio form is displayed.

3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm out of ideas. Your symptoms are an exact duplicate of the ones I had the other day, and my issues was the privacy setting which is non-existent in your setup, so . . . ?

4. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I forgot to respond to this - no, WSJT-X is not receiving audio from the microphone either.

I upgraded a stand-alone HD from High Sierra to Mojave, and booted from it - WSJT-X seems happy enough (it works). I really didn't want to move to Mojave just yet as my 32-bit Apps are very happy with High Sierra.

5. K3DCW

32-bit apps still work in Mojave: you just get an occasional nag screen that warns you to get the app updated.