Looks Like Ham Radio Has Taken A Back Seat In Last Man Standing.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N4GKS, May 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Not one radio scene this season, unless I missed it. New people to the series probably have no idea what the stuff in the background is.

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They seemed to be trying to get their game back. That year off was kind of hard on the show. Casting changes didn't help.

WA4KCN likes this.
  3. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

There is no place in a sitcom for HAM radio! Sgt. Clink once said something like "dis hom radio eez serious busy ness. Not fo fooling awound. Yavol? " well, or something like that. Watsay qsl and 73's.

Actually, too bad that the little bit of exposure magy have proven to be too much for the show. We have a great hoby and it was really nice to see it portrayed to be something more than Smokey and the Bandit time.

Chuck

4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

I suspect that there simply wasn’t an easy or relevant way to work in amateur radio in this, their “revival” season. Especially considering the change in network, and the other changes required due to the layoff after ABC cancelled the show.

And is AA6JA still involved in the show? If he is not, that could also explain it.

5. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sgt. Schultz and Col. Klink.

W5TTP and KK5JY like this.
  6. N5AL

N5AL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Things were different in the parallel universe where I grew up! :)

schultz.jpg

NL7W, W0AQ and KK5JY like this.
  7. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Even though the show portrayed amateur radio in a positive way I would bet the vast majority of those watching paid little to no attention to the few moments it was highlighted. Since the number of licensed amateurs in the U.S.A. is less than one half of one percent of the population I can see why they have chosen no to worry about it.

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Probably.

But at least Tim Allen really did become a licensed ham.

Other than the "Last Man Standing" on-the-air events (which are so close to me that I worked them on 2 meter FM), I've never heard Tim on the air; but never know, when he finally retires maybe he'll be active. He's way more into "cars" and has a gigantic collection -- which I've seen...it's just down the street from the studios.

WU8Y likes this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait till Bubba hears of this!

BUBBA!

N5AL and AC8UN like this.
  10. AF6CO

AF6CO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There's been lots of scenes this season showing his station in the background.