Looking for a good telephone RFI filter for 6m

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by JP1LRT, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. JP1LRT

JP1LRT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello. Thank you for reading.

At first, I should to say. I did wrong post to "Discussions-Opinions-amp-Editorials" forum.
    I asked to NO6O Michael to delete my wrong spot.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for a good telephone RFI filter for 6m.

Few years ago , I bought K-COM Model RF-1 Single Line Telephone Interference Filter. It works very well.
    But K-COM company went out of business, and I do not know where to get a good filter for 6 meters.

I found KY-Filter. http://www.ky-filters.com/stoprfi.htm
    It says that "At 14, 28 and 50 MHz our filter works about the same as Radio Shack's.(K-COM)"
    So I asked John KI6KY that filter is good for 6m? But he answered this filter is only good for 1 to 30 mHz,
    and the attenuation is much less at 50 mHz. And the RF-1 is not a good choice for 6 meters.

In Japan , we cab buy nice telephone filter.
    http://www.ddd-daishin.co.jp/emi-tel.htm
    But products are little bit expensive...... So I am looking for another filter. If no , I will buy expensive one...

If you have some idea , please let me know.

Thank you.

de JP1LRT Yoshiharu Tsukuura

2. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

JP1LRT- The expensive one may be your best option, yet I have one suggestion: Consider building one yourself. I once ordered a KCOM filter, and found that it arrived with the wrong modular connectors for my use. So I opened it up with a dremel tool and found nothing more than a toroid choke. Further, I had previously thought about building my own with parts from a Stewart Ferrite kit which was available through Digi-Key(tm) - www.digikey.com. While they will not likely be able to advise you on which ferrite would be most effective, it is possible that KI6KY might know if Amidon or others would have the other parts. Domo Arigato for the query. Komban wa. -73

3. WA7KKP

WA7KKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd build a filter -- a parallel resonant circuit x2 for each side of the phone line, resonant at 6 meters. Next simplest answer would be to use ferrite beads, or a clamshell RFI ferrite choke.

Gary WA7KKP

4. JP1LRT

JP1LRT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello KB0MNM Jon , WA7KKP Gary. Thank you for your reply.

The expensive one might be the best. I can buy easily in Tokyo.
    But recently JPY/USD rate is so nice for us. So I am looking for.....

Building one by myself is also good idea for my home. But for the neighboring house , maybe they don’t like the look of it.
    So I should prepare simple one.

At this moment, no RFI for neighboring house.   If it will , I will buy expensive one.

Thank you for your suggestion. I hope to see you on 6m!

73!

JP1LRT Yoshiharu Tsukuura

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.