Logging software

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by W3PNM, May 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AA8TA

AA8TA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been using Aether for a couple of years. I almost went with MacLoggerDX but didn't see a way to automatically sync with LoTW. I guess I'm so used to Aether that I'll probably stick with it. The developer is pretty responsive, not I've had a lot of issues.

Contest logging is tougher. N1MM has so many features that I've gotten used to and haven't found anything else that measures up. I run a Win 7 VM in VirtualBox for contesting. Keep checking out the Mac-based contest loggers but haven't seen enough to switch.

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Have you checked out SkookumLogger for contesting? It was the only Mac contest logger used at WRTC 2014 and has most everything that N1MM has.

I did a brief overview of the variety of contest software packages for OS X several months back; it is a bit dated now as things constantly move forward, but the general overview is still valid.

http://www.machamradio.com/blog/2015/10/15-contest-software-overview-2015

K7GQ likes this.
  3. W3PNM

W3PNM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks everyone for all the valuable input!

4. K3JRZ

K3JRZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I enjoy Aether a lot. Helping the developer beta test.

It's not a free program, but I think it's the most user friendly. Works for me.

5. IU0DFT

IU0DFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Aether is nice and stable for me 73 Stefano IUƘDFT

K3JRZ likes this.
  6. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Aether works really well. I have had good luck with it and the support is good.

K3JRZ likes this.
  7. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maclogger DX for regular operating. Skookumlogger for contests.

8. KN6YU

KN6YU Ham Member QRZ Page

I have used MacLoggerDX for several years. One thing no one else has mentioned is tech support. Don Agro, the writer of MacLoggerDX, has been very prompt with support whenever I've needed it. I of course have no idea how support for the other packages mentioned works, but if this is an important consideration for you, you probably cannot go wrong with MacLoggerDX.

9. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes, Tech Support is very important, and you really can't go wrong with any of the 3 main loggers; all three developers, Don, Andrew, and Tom provide great support to the user community.

K3JRZ likes this.
  10. VE3BWP

VE3BWP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is exactly what I would like to accomplish. One click logging from WSJT-X and Fldigi into MacLoggerDX. Took a quick go at setting up the UDP feed but no joy. Will dig into this but any pointers would be appreciated! 73 ve3bwp