Log book

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KG5SFT, Mar 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. M6LKD

M6LKD Ham Member QRZ Page

i had 2 from a few months ago
    i even checked to see if it all matched and it did and he did the same but it would not accept it so deleted them. end of.
    i have herd other hams saying the same thing and they having the same problems too.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Over 38000 successful confirmations occur each day, see: http://logbook.qrz.com/page/stats.html

3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have 100% confirmations in the QRZ logbook. With the exception of my Antarctica contact that is not using and logging his calls in the QRZ logbook.

n6qic_logbook.jpg

The logbook has always worked great for me over the years with no trouble logging and confirming calls.

73, Lisa

4. K5WZI

K5WZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I love the QRZ log. It's an important and fun part of my ham activity. As far as confirming every contact goes, I just don't feel that it is necessary. When I kept a paper log I certainly didn't confirm every contact. If I make
    a contact and exchange all the necessary info then I log the contact. Occasionally I bring in my LOTW contacts
    to possibly confirm some of my 'dx entries. I've had a problem or two but usually discover that I had made a
    mistake.

5. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Perhaps it is the British that only have a problem as I am in the same boat as M6LKD, I never seem to be able to confirm manually even though the information tallies from both sides. I’m currently trying to figure out how to get my subscription to change over to my new Callsign 2E0TWD, I’m assuming it would have been better to setup a new User for my new Callsign as opposed to Managing it. I love QRZ though I spend hours on here looking at the great Shack pictures. 73.

6. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Post in the helpers section Paddy or send a ticket in. And well done on the 2E0
    Kevin

7. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

You cannot manually confirm a QSO nor can you view the fields in your worked party's logbook to determine whether or not a match exists.

A confirmation will automatically take place when each party to a QSO independently enters their log data (double blind) and provided both records agree by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If a confirmation does not exist then it is possible that your worked party has not entered its record or one or more of the above fields lacks a match.

Contact https://ssl.qrz.com/support to rearrange you callsigns the proper way, they will assist.

8. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated. W1DQ thank you also I will make the contact. I felt sure I had been asked to confirm contacts and when I try it says it doesn’t match? That’s what I meant by manually. It was just a comment to add to the debate to be honest I’m not too concerned about it and I’m certainly not making any form of complaint, I’ve always been pretty certain it was me at fault and not QRZ.

Thanks again chaps for the replies.

9. W1DQ

The default info appearing in a QSO Confirmation Request is not that of your worked party's and a correct match must be entered to finalize the confirmation.