Live Traffic Feed issue

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KB3OMJ, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:50 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB3OMJ

KB3OMJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Over the past couple of months, I have noticed a particular problem with Live Traffic Feed. Upon completion of a QSO, I visit the op's QRZ page to log it. If he is running Live Traffic Feed, I am listed as being in West Hamlin, WV. I don't live there, never been there. I took a look at my map, grid and coordinate settings and they are correct. The only thing I can think of is that a couple of months ago a new cable company bought out the company that we had our Internet connection and cable TV. Perhaps the new company has something to do with Hamlin, WV? I might add that every QRZ page I have visited that runs Live Traffic Feed has me listed as being in WV.

Richard Williams KB3OMJ

2. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Staff Member Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

JA6XZS and N6QIC like this.
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Database Team QRZ Page

Hello Richard,

If Revolver Globe is not reporting correctly.
    On your PC there are two IP protocols running. IPV4 protocol and IPV6 protocol.

IPV6_disable.png

The error comes from the IPV6 protocol that is running on your PC.
    When IPV6 is running it will report your location incorrectly. I am in Orange, California but with IPV6 running it will report my location as Fontana, California.

help1.png

Disabling IPV6 and running only the IPV4 protocol will correct this error. Feedjit will report correctly with both protocols running.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 3:28 AM
    JA6XZS likes this.