ad: w5yi

Listing a new radio - don't want to open the box to take photos

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KP3DA, Oct 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sure - but QRZ has no control over that part. What QRZ has control over is the rule that the box must be opened in the photos and clearly display the CLAIMED TO BE IN THERE contents ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

AJ4GQ likes this.
  2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

If I had a new in the box radio to sell, I would want to open it to be sure that it was all there and no damage. It wouldn't be the first time something was not in the box that should have been.

KA2FIR and K2HAT like this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree. 'unopened box' can be a negative aspect in this case. Its not a vintage antique or Heathkit where that might be desirable.

4. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

That and we are all visual creatures. A picture of a cardboard box doesn't make for a very alluring ad!! A picture is worth a thousand words comes to mind.

The best thing to happen around here is the verified thing! At least you are certain who you are dealing with now. No more phony accounts and stolen identities to scam people with. Smartest thing ever. I wonder if something like it is used on other kinds of forums. I have only run across a couple forums that suggest using an escrow service for expensive items but it doesn't seem that they are used very much.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

If you do not want to open it, You should return it to the company that you bought it from.

You can get more money than selling it here.

Opening the box is not as bad as fingering it. :rolleyes:

Leave the plastic on.

KS4W likes this.
  6. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Years ago at a car parts flea market a gent had some NEW Chrome trim rings still wrapped in the factory kraft paper.

I asked him to please unwrap part of them to take a look.

He really did not want to unwrap them, They are NEW never unwrapped!!!

I said if they LOOK GOOD I will give you your asking price.

They were all rusty under the paper. :(

KA2FIR likes this.