Let's see your mobile radio setup

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by N4CYA, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

So let's see them! :D

2. NO6O

NO6O Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My setup is shown on my QRZ callsign page.

3. AD7N

AD7N Ham Member QRZ Page

I have 30.1 surround sound just so I can feel "immersed" when my local repeater kerchunks...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2630240/1985-plymouth-colt

just kidding :D:p

This is AF4KK's "Radio-Active" rolling RF art piece. Even has flashy LEDs and hydraulics!

----------------
    My mobile setup is still in it's design phase. Will be fun to get it built once all the parts are in place!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  4. K0BG

K0BG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Everyone seems to be proud of their mobile masterpiece, no matter what it is. Sometimes, however, they are so badly done, it makes you wonder how they can keep from catching fire.

The another issue which always surprises me is, the most staunch defenders are the operators with the worst of installations. Just go to my web site's Photo Gallery, and bring up the HOS album.

5. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

HOS240 is my favorite!!

6. VA3JMK

VA3JMK Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine Mobile is also on my QRZ page. I just replaced my TS-50 with a FT-857D and run a LDG Z100Plus with a Hatch mounted Comet mount and Hustler antennas. Still working on learning the radio. Other then some noise issues that i am still working I enjoy operating mobile HF. Worked PJ4C 5/9 both ways on 15m this morning. Alan's KØBG site has been a help with some issues i have had. My antennas are a compromise and don't preform the best but they do work.

My latest issue is a noisy heater fan but only at medium and slow speeds, at high it's quiet. Guess i will have to replace it with a new one.......

7. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Here is one of mine.. Had several.. This one was mounted on a Panamax ship (about 850 ft) Had a bunch of collins stuff as well as
    Mackay.. Was a nice rig.. The collins xciever was close to the legal limit, solid state finals. It didnt switch fast enough for SITOR
    so we had a little hundred wat Mackay rig for that. The antenna was a 35 foot whip with a collins auto coupler at its base. The coupler
    was huge. It had motor driven vacuum variable caps and a rather large motor driven coill. It was sealed and charged with nitrogen
    to keep moisture out.

NI7I

[​IMG]

8. VA3JMK

VA3JMK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey what's that funny looking machine on the desk?

9. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Actually that one doesnt comply with the regulations. We were required to have a mechanical mill. The mechanical mill was stored in a cabinet under the console.
    That would be a log sheet stuck in the odd machine.. another strange thing.. a log sheet.

NI7I

10. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Wife has a similar setup in her car as well.

mobile.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.