ad: Morse-1

let me off the bus! [debian linux]

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by AB2T, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
  1. AB2T

AB2T Ham Member QRZ Page

Alright, my bus directory (/~/.config/ibus/bus) is acting weird. When I run a gnome program, I get a message like this:

IBUS-WARNING **: The owner of /~/.config/ibus/bus is not [local user]!

If I use 'sudo chown' to change directory ownership back to the local user, I inevitably get

IBUS-WARNING **: The owner of /~/.config/ibus/bus is not root!

A directory can't be owned by root and a user at once. I don't think I deleted a crucial file. Perhaps I inadvertently modified a variable somewhere? I'm stumped. Ideas?

73, Jordan
  2. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

It would probably be better to ask this on the debian-user mailing list and a number of folks are running GNOME are subscribed to that list. I don't see the issue since I don't use GNOME and Xfce doesn't put an ibus directory or that file under ~/.config so I can't help.
  3. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

It might be worth renaming that directory. i.e., effectively deleting it but able to put it back if you need to.

I have no idea what it does but quite often a config directory or file will be recreated with reasonable default settings if it doesn't exist.
  4. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.