ad: Alphaant-1

Leave It To Beaver: Classic TV star reunited with his classic car

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KM6CND, Nov 13, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

ALAN K DADISMAN, WB6GIP, a well lived life. I did not have the privilege of knowing Alan in this life. I recently took home his base station and his custom built 1200 KW amp.

Marty Tryon is the executor of Alan's estate and he wrote the following to me in an email.

"My buddy that built it (the amp) was a master craftsman and a lead prop designer at Universal Studios up in LA. His specialty at Universal was his props that used digital switching and such for special effects. His real passion was vintage radios and electronics, astronomy (there is an observatory on his property and he built his own 10” telescope. Better than a pro telescope and irreplaceable ) telescope building (and camera telephoto lens building), digital electronic design, analog circuit design, machining, chemistry, model making, lost wax process jewelry making, lapidary, photography, antique and art collecting…Oh, and he played guitar, banjo and fiddle. I’ve never met anyone that knew so much and had mastered so many skills. There is lots of vintage stuff at the house...

Why the headline? Alan owned "Beaver's" car for 51 years and gave it back.

http://www.cbs8.com/clip/12530033/leave-it-to-beaver-classic-tv-star-reunited-with-his-classic-car

Jeff
    KM6CND
    Anaheim CA

2. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not "The Beaver's" car. Tony Dow played Wally, the big brother. It was his car.

Cool story though.

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I didnt watch that show but Id much rather have the 36 Ford coupe in that video:D I wonder if that was preserved?

5. VK4SP

VK4SP Ham Member QRZ Page

any thing ole skool is kool

6. AD6R

AD6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, like my Kenwood TS-530S

7. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

And also a Corvair will never be a classic. Special Interest vehicle of course and quite cool

8. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Meh, that car is unsafe at a variety of speeds.

Steve
    KV6O