Last Man Standing on Fox TV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT, May 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

So well said...it can be difficult at times, to find laughter...and Tim Allen delivers a good laugh.

KK5R likes this.
  2. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Damn...where have I been. A hamgasm. Gotta look into this.

3. KC3IGJ

KC3IGJ Ham Member QRZ Page

so do we know a start date on the new series ??? sorry if it was stated and i missed it,,,

W3ATV likes this.
  4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

What is wrong with watching network TV. I do and not ashamed to say so. All I have is an antenna to watch OTA stations. Cable got way to expensive. The 3 main ones I watch is FOX and TBN and Hillsong Worship channels.

So Dave I am not sure what you wanted to get across with what you said and I probably took it wrong cause you are a bigger man then to slam anyone that watches TV. I use to not watch as much TV but I have always enjoyed watching a good show.
    So I am glad to see this show back on. Not because of ham radio but because it was funny.
    My shows I like to watch each week though is Chicago Med, PD and Fire and also Law and Order.

Just my opinion.

John, WB0MPB

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not trying to "get anything across"

I haven't watched network TV in a great many years and was just surprised. I don't understand in the era of easy streaming why people would put up with 6 minutes of content, then 4 minutes of commercials, then 6 more minutes of content, and 4 more minutes of commercials. Seems pretty absurd and I have personally chosen not to participate for a long time.

Not judging others. Simply sharing an opinion. I hear that happens on forums from time to time... you know, opinions that might differ from yours :rolleyes:

Please avoid reading agendas into this

just MY opinion :)

Dave
    W7UUU

K3XR, KK5R, NH7RO and 1 other person like this.
  6. K6MTS

K6MTS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Known for fake news by....? Depends on how you see/filter, un-filter, de-BS your sources. At least half of the US population that gives a damn about the state of the country would disagree with your take.

N9LYA, KK5R, KC3IGJ and 1 other person like this.
  7. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be watching it! Do not care if ABC got butt hurt or not. They are off my list of watchable networks.

NH7RO likes this.
  8. W8CJJ

W8CJJ Subscriber QRZ Page

9. W8CJJ

W8CJJ Subscriber QRZ Page

I too only watch OTA tv. Cable prices/Sat prices too much for me. I enjoy all the old movies, etc. available on OTA tv. IMO, "Last Man Standing" has great writers and Tim and crew delivers those jokes. Glad to hear the series is coming back ! 73, Mike

10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Would agree likewise have not watched network TV for many years with very few exceptions Jeopardy would be one also at one time watched the NFL but no longer not an network issue per se . Don't know if this show LMS has a laugh track but find them extremely annoying if it's funny I will laugh don't need to be prompted. As Dave indicates there is just too much good commercial free streaming content available to be annoyed by network TV.

NH7RO likes this.