ad: MLSons-1

Last Man Standing on Fox TV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Last Man Standing on Fox TV

Season 7 of the popular Last Man Standing show in which Tim Allen plays radio amateur Mike Baxter KA0XTT will be shown on Fox TV

In May 2017 ABC inexplicably axed the Last Man Standing show which attracted over 8.3 million viewers.

The good news is the show has now been picked up by Fox TV. The news comes after Allen teased a possible reboot of his series on social media a few days ago.
    https://twitter.com/ofctimallen

The show’s original cast, including Tim Allen, Nancy Travis, Jonathan Adams, Amanda Fuller, Christoph Sanders and Jordan Masterson, will also return.

“Excited?” asked Allen in a statement sent to Fox News. “Team LMS was in the sixth inning, ahead by four runs, stands were packed and then for no reason, they call off the game. It leaves you sitting in the dugout, holding a bat and puzzled. Now we get the news from Fox that it’s time to get back out on that diamond – hell yes, I’m excited!

“When I heard the offer to create more episodes of ‘Last Man Standing,’ I did a fist pump so hard I threw my back out. It’s the fans! I could not be more grateful for the fans who wrote petitions and kept up the passion and incredible support for the show.

'Last Man Standing' renewed by Fox; Tim Allen 'excited' for Season 7
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ed-by-fox-tim-allen-excited-for-season-7.html

2017 - ABC cancel Last Man Standing TV show
    http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2017/may/abc-cancel-last-man-standing-tv-show.htm

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2018/may/last-man-standing-on-fox-tv.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

K1FXY, AC7DD, W5AMG and 13 others like this.
  2. W5MBH

W5MBH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad somebody listened to the viewers ! Happy to see this one back.

ZL2JTD, KD4JRX, WB9SJA and 14 others like this.
  3. N4NMF

N4NMF Ham Member QRZ Page

This is great news! I sent several comments in when this gret show was cancelled, so very happy that FOX picked up the show and that Tim Allen and the rest hung in there for the return of this great show. Hopefully the Amateur Radio side of the show will live on as well!

AB1MC, KD4JRX, K1FXY and 8 others like this.
  4. WE8HNT

WE8HNT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Man I am glad to see this show come back to TV. Great News!!!!!

KD4JRX, K1FXY, K5VZD and 6 others like this.
  5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm more interested in why it was taken off....full disclosure don't watch it or any similar TV programs.

K1FXY, WE8HNT and K6DS like this.
  6. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I had seen this earlier, but found no indication that John Amodeo will still be producing the show. Radio was never a primary focus of the show, but if John isn't involved with the return (to a new network), I predict you won't see any more references to radio.

WE8HNT and NJ6U like this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

According to ABC's President Dungey, it was two-fold: moving away from comedies on Friday nights, and cost - the show was not produced internally to ABC but rather was "leased" i.e., pretty spendy.

Those are the reasons that were given at the time

I never watched a single episode though. I heard it didn't really have too much to do with ham radio at all. I haven't watched a "sitcom" type show for a great many years. Seinfeld I think was the last.

Dave
    W7UUU

W0JRM, N7ZV, WE8HNT and 6 others like this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Surprised it took this long for the hate post to appear.

KD8AQT, K1FXY, N7LOH and 18 others like this.
  9. W3MPG

W3MPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It was just too conservative for the liberals in Hollywood. THATS why it was cancelled. I'll be watching. I don't think it any thing but "elitist" to put down someone for a tech license. Way to promote the hobby! (NOT)

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    KD8AQT, KD4JRX, N8OBU and 18 others like this.
  10. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Probably best not to go into politics outside of the "Just Talking: Politics" section.

Dave
    W7UUU

KB5CUS, W0JRM, K1FXY and 13 others like this.
  11. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

My political opinions are as strong as anyone's, but I know when and how to restrain myself. Some do not have any restraint, and because of that - this thread will get locked.

W0JRM likes this.
  12. K3BR

K3BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Who the heck watches A B C anyway????

KD4JRX, KT5OT, N5NSN and 6 others like this.
  13. W7UUU

Who watches any network commercial TV at all?

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ZV, NZ5F, KF5RRF and 10 others like this.
  14. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

There are more people who watched the cancelled TV shows than all of the ham operators in the USA.

KD8AQT, KD4JRX, WD4DXQ and 4 others like this.
  15. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This brings me to the question, if you are The Last Ham Standing, who do you talk to? Do moonbounce and talk to yourself?

KT5OT, AK5B, KK5R and 1 other person like this.