ad: Halibut-1

Larry F. Skilton, K1IED SK June 4, 2018

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Jun 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

W5FJG and W5BIB like this.
  2. IU4HMZ

IU4HMZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ho fatto un QSO con Larry il 26.12.18 .... Mi dispiace tanto. Condoglianze alla famiglia de IU4HMZ.

3. N9ETB

N9ETB Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked Larry on RTTY and SSB. Another good ham gone from airwaves... :(

N4FZ likes this.
  4. 2E0MNG

2E0MNG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Spoken to Larry when i was first licenced in 2013, 7 contacts on 4 bands. What a gentleman. My last QSO was November 2017, I did wonder why I hadn’t heard him. R.I.P sir.
    Neal - 2E0MNG

N4FZ likes this.
  5. N5SBR

N5SBR Ham Member QRZ Page

Just coming across this , at a loss of words. Had many QSO's with Larry on 17 mtr ... knew of his condition and some fairly in depth conversations. Larry was a gentleman in every aspect. May you fly with the angels my friend and see you on the other side. My best wishes to the family .... he will be missed.
    73 KC5MZA

N4FZ likes this.
  6. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

While I never worked Larry on the air, he did process my KC4AAA QSL card requests. RIP, it sounds like he lived quite a full life and did a lot of good for the hobby as well as the South Pole.

My friend is down at the South Pole pretty much every year and has also assisted with fixing things with the radio station down there. Perhaps you ran into him as I know he also mentioned that 17m antenna. I know he helped get the amp going and has also done some antenna repairs. I'm sure he knew Larry.

W4KVW and N4FZ like this.
  7. VK2IZ

VK2IZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear of Larrys passing.Spoke with him many times.Mostly on 10m and the WARC bands.With his big quad i had little trouble working him here in NSW Australia.
    RIP Larry.
    VK2IZ

W4KVW and N4FZ like this.
  8. W2CH

W2CH Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked Larry many times back to the 1960's on 2 meter AM, in northern Connecticut from SE New York when I was WA2ZPD, and then more recently on 2 meter SSB
    from White Plains, NY, especially in contests and many other times. I had a QSL from him in the 1960's when I worked him/4 in Virginia from the same New York area
    via 2 meter AM when I was very active on that band from 1963 to 1968 just at the end of High School and during my college years. I am really very sorry to see his passing.
    Raymond Martin, W2CH, formerly Raymond Nahl

N4FZ likes this.
  9. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked Larry dozens & dozens of times on 6 meters & some on HF as well.He was at Hamcation in Orlando last year & I missed him & my neighbor Ted-W4YJC had the pleasure of meeting him.He & I love the Magic Band we will miss hearing & working him for sure.May He Rest In Peace & may we meet on the other side.

God bless & 73 OM,
    Clayton
    W4KVW

N4FZ likes this.
  10. N1KWW

N1KWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Heard Larry many nights working phone patch with Antarctica, even assisted few times. Very sorry to read this. RIP!

W4KVW likes this.
  11. I5KAP

I5KAP Ham Member QRZ Page