ad: M2Ant-1

Land Ops ARC finds aircraft crash site

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6QBM, Jan 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Most were abandoned where they were when the war ended and some found their way into other governments. About the only thing in the US was the result of cancelled contracts which Im sure the hams and others who wanted a truck and/or generator all over the Chicago area and beyond took advantage of.

Ive heard even the truck alone without the gear brings 10-20K Euro in Europe and this is in "fair condition" complete with patina and stuck engine from sitting outside for ~ 72 years. There is likely a better chance of finding the trailer and generator.

2. AG6RS

AG6RS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

At first I wondered what was the point of it. Then went ahead and watched the video and I have to say: it's a well-produced adventure flick that happens to include amateur radio. And that's just fine!

KI6QBM likes this.
  4. KI6QBM

KI6QBM Ham Member QRZ Page

A little different from the norm I know, but thanks for watching, we enjoyed planning and filming it.

5. KI6QBM

I'm open to feedback as to what other types of radio exercises anyone might like to see.

6. KI6QBM

Some screen shots of this episode. 16107373_1737359646290166_6396866970320267977_o.jpg 15936855_1737359589623505_862969205140503914_o.jpg 15994916_1737359399623524_8279797189111599613_o.jpg

7. KI6QBM

Good picture of you Greg and Tim. group4a.jpg

8. KF6SBD

KF6SBD Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like I missed a great event! I just signed up on QRZ too.

KI6QBM likes this.
  9. KI6QBM

Welcome to QRZ Dale. I liked your video post on Facebook. Chris P.'s maiden voyage with the orange scout.

KF6SBD likes this.
  10. KI6QBM

Fernando KJ6YOS, the trailer for this episode is ready to load onto your Youtube Channel.

11. KJ6YOS

KJ6YOS Ham Member QRZ Page

Great Chris, send me the episode trailer and i'll get it loaded on my channel.

KI6QBM likes this.
  12. KI6QBM

I can bring it with me on a thumb drive Friday.

13. KI6QBM

Are you aware of the names of the two pilots?

14. KI6QBM

Fernando, are you in any aviation or crash site forums?

15. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

OT
    Are any of you "crash seekers" familiar with B17 crash on Cape Lookout in OR?
    I found rather uninterested story about a couple trying to find it and short story published which included some memoir from a survivor of the crash.
    The interesting part - there is photo of some kind of memorial, but the actual site is given as south of the Cape Lookout tail head.
    The B17 allegedly crashed due to poor visibility , common on OR coast, and flying too low.
    It "hit" the side of Cape Lookout so the site should be more on the coast, not relatively inland.
    The survivor noted "stopping short of falling down the cliff " which should help to identify the site more.
    Of course Cape Lookout is not Mojave Desert - more of a jungle I suppose.
    73 Shirley

KI6QBM likes this.