ad: Alphaant-1

Lanc Bass from N'Sync on the ISS ham station

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC7RAD, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC0KVU

KC0KVU Ham Member QRZ Page

I shudder to think of a possible N5YNC operating, however as many others have put it; its decent PR. Does the QSL card include the celebrity autograph? [​IMG]

2. N0FPE

N0FPE Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with Jim that good PR of any kind is welcome. But I shudder to think that we have to rely on Lance Bass and the pop/rock world to promote us! Just what are we saying to the younger crowd? That you have to be a rich, spoiled superstar to be someone in this world?? what ever happened to having future Quantum engineers, Astro Physicists, and just plain geniuses in space making life better for us here on earth? <Of course I am none of these>
    Better yet lets send a plain old ham radio operator to the space station! Ya know! Some good op that can spend ALL of his time working those earth bound folks!!!!
    Oh damn....that would be too much fun! Must not do that!!

Dan/NØFPE

3. AE4FA

AE4FA Ham Member QRZ Page

Who is Lance Bass? What is nsync? Why should I care?

73, Bob

4. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I ask the same question Bob. Is he a Ham,or a CBer or a bootlegger ? If he is a Ham what has he done to contribute to Ham Radio ? It was mentioned some thing about Rock is that his claim to fame or has he done some thing worth while? What frequencies does he operate on,and from what country??
    And I echo Bob's comment should I care???
    If he is a rock/superstar is that the best we can do??

Enjoy !!! Life is too short for QRP......      73,   ORV

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.