Kranker Knob for FT-817

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KA0USE, Feb 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

w4rt used to sell these. i'd really like one, but unable to find the maker (or former maker, as the case may be).
    any clues?
    thanks,
    rodney

2. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KA0USE

no, but i expect it would work! is that one of those 3-d printing things?
    it's cute. jeepers, i'm as bad as a woman when it comes to color. actually, women and color are good. the world would be very dull if it were monochrome. speaking of which. i knew a guy who was monochromatic. you could tell when his missus was mad at him, because she was the one who laid out his clothes each morning, and if she was mad the colors would clash.

anyway, have you a web address or something?
    whoa- found a pic on eham.net:

[​IMG]

thanks much!
    rodney

4. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Ahhhh
    if look just above the photo I posted, you will see the URL for the knob. Yes, it is 3D printing!

5. W4ZNG

W4ZNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I've got kranker knob I'm not using -- "Fingerdimple" brand, but it looks and operates the same. You want it? Your address good here on qrz.com? Here's the deal: say the word and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow, or Monday at the latest. I'll put an SASE in the box, and if you like it you can send back postage. (and maybe beer money, but just really cheap beer money, ok?)

You need a set of peg legs or the vinyl case for your 817? Same deal, I can throw them in the same box. Just let me know.

I bought mine used, and it came with some stuff that just didn't work for me. So if I can pass these on to another ham it's that much less clutter in my shack.

6. KA0USE

DONE! ...and it won't be cheap beer!
    i'll take it all, with much gratitude.
    address good on qrz.

7. W4ZNG

All three items are on the way. USPS 1st class came to $4.45, so toss an Abe Lincoln in the enclosed SASE and we're good. Glad to get some clutter out of the shack, glad to get it over to another ham who can use it.

BTW, I kind of liked the knob, but I wasn't crazy about having it sticking out when I shoved things in the backpack. Just my nature to worry about stuff like that, it was probably fine the way it was.

KC8VWM and KC3RN like this.
  8. KA0USE

ok, folks, the swag came yesterday! most pleased.
    the knob reminds me of the cranks used on cars before self-starters were invented. oops, showing some age, there...
    appreciation goes in the post today.

KU4X and KC8VWM like this.
  9. W4ZNG

Got the $$$ in the mail yesterday. Thanks! The old vet who sold me the radio the kranker came off of will be getting a chunk of it, probably in the form of ice cream following ham club meetings.

10. KA0USE

baskin robbins, mmmmmmmmmmmm.