KM4OP Philip Rivera

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by N5OU, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5OU

N5OU Ham Member QRZ Page

I purchased an Icom 706MKIIG from a Philip Rivera KM4OP last week. The following is a cut and paste from his original add I made my buying decision from. The Add # was 782009
    Heading: ICOM- IC-706MKIIG NEAR MINT WITH REMOKIT
    > Ad Message:
    LOWER PRICE.... NEVER MOBILE ICOM IC-706MKIIG, NOT MUCH USE, SITS HERE IN THE SHACK, COMES WITH MIC, POWER CORD, REMOTE KIT,MANUAL. $675 NOW...$645 SHIPPED.

I received the radio this evening and as I un-boxed it I was presented by a scratched, gouged, bare metal showing, faceplate deformed radio which was advertised as "near mint" "never mobile".
    Folks, trying to remain emotionless in my overall summary. This radio looks like it was dragged Behind a Car!

Within minutes of un-boxing it I took over 60 photo's and contacted the seller requesting a refund. Philip told me he had already spent the money but if I sent the radio back, he would try and sell it again then get me some money.

I contacted several of my Radio friends and all advised against that. I then contacted Philip and told him I would pay shipping and handling back, UPS insured with a tracking number, but he need to send my original purchase price first. He refused and told me that if I kept the radio any length of time the deal was done.

I am unable to post the pictures on this website, I would ask that you go to my own website of www.n5ou.com and look for yourself the shape that this near mint radio was delivered in. If I am being to much of a stickler, or if this should be handled differently I welcome your constructive suggestions.

73's Richard N5OU

2. KM4OP

KM4OP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

DEAL WITH RICHARD N50U 706

Well,

This deal, have left a bad taste in my mouth, everyone that had any dealing with me knows that I am up front, I have had over 700 post here on qrz and never had a problem. I never said the radio was Mint or perfect, the radio never been mobile, it was in a bracket from time to time under the shelf, the remote kit cable was NEW the mounting plate for the remote was still in the package it came in, I did tell Richard I was missing the mounting screws.

The radio is 100% operational. it does have nicks here and there. I do not have any junk in my shack. Richard and his friends are fast to bash, he has had the radio almost a week now. he will not send the rig back, he wants me to send funds?? how do I know he did not cause a problem? I was thinking about refunding his money, but now he can keep it. he is just one of those picky people that should not BUY USED RADIOS STICK TO NEW ITEMS.

I SHOULD HAD USED OTHER WORDING IN THE POST BECAUSE SOME PEOPLES VIEW OF CONDITION IS NOT THE SAME AS OTHERS. LESSON LEARNED FOR ME. ALSO I THINK I WILL STICK TO LOCAL TRADING FROM NOW ON OR JUST WITH FOLKS I HAVE HAD DEALING WITH IN THE PAST.

PHIL, KM4OP

3. N5OU

N5OU Ham Member QRZ Page

Simply UNTRUE

Philip continues with his integrity problem here on QRZ. Philip knows for a fact that I received the radio last night. I had to sign for it from the postal service with signature and date. I will now post a copy of the receipt from usps on my website at www.n5ou.com.
    Philip talks about me and my friends bashing. I have not bashed, I have simply offered picture and documented proof and will allow future traders with Philip to decide. Prior to last night and this morning, I had never even heard of many of the people that have offered their opinions on the QTH and Eham forums.
    Philip will not trade locally as most reasonable people will conclude based on fact and evidence that he simply did not sell the radio he advertised.

73's Richard N5OU

4. K6HT

K6HT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow Wow Wow! If this is a MINT condition radio as you can plainly see in his ad I don't know what other condition radios would look like from him. You are definitely in the right to request a FULL refund in this case with no questions asked. Another ham operator added to not to trade or buy from list. Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

5. W8JN

W8JN Ham Member QRZ Page

phil rivera HIS AD WAS fraud cheat dishonest unethical liar

richard, this is unbelievable. i examined the pictures. not only is this rig a 4 out of 10, it looks very likely that it may have been ripped it out of a car and stolen. scratches everywhere, bent mounting bracket, bent control head bracket, mic that has been dragged on the concrete, scratches everywhere! ripped out power cord??? wow this rig is a disaster. you are being way to kind to this cheat. have you even tried to fire it up? my advice? PHONE THE POLICE IN HIS LOCAL JURISDICTION AND GIVE THEM THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE RIG. CALL THE POSTAL INSPECTORS AND FILE A "FRAUD VIA MAIL COMPLAINT" FILE A WIRE FRAUD COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI. DON'T GIVE UP UNTIL THIS FRAUD GIVES YOU YOUR MONEY BACK OR GOES TO JAIL!!!
    ****PHIL, YOUR AD WAS DISHONEST, UNETHICAL AND YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DESTROYED YOUR ABILITY TO EVER SELL ON THE INTERNET AGAIN, BECAUSE YOU WERE SELFISH AND DECIDED THAT $645 IS WORTH MORE THAN YOUR REPUTATION. WAS IT WORTH IT???
    GIVE RICHARD HIS MONEY BACK.
    RICHARD good luck with this bottom dwelling scum sucker. paul w8jn

6. KM4OP

Paul stay out of it.

Paul,

I do not know you and would have to respect you due to that fact. It is easy to past judgement from a distant. The radio has use marking, but it is not in the condition he is making to look like. I did not have to sell this radio.
    I am sorry I did at this point. I notice you are always making comments on all kinds of postings and are fast to insult people. I guess that is you. No one ripped Richard off. I never said the radio was mint. I guess I will stay away from that word. all was in working order and that is a fact. bashing is not the way to fix a problem.

That is all I have to say. I am done...no more comments from me

KM4OP PHIL

7. N5OU

N5OU Ham Member QRZ Page

Philip

I continue to be at a loss over this. How am I mis-representing what you sent me? I simply took pictures??? Are you stating in some way that the pictures have been altered? The pictures real, genuine and are simply a snapshot in time of what the item looks like. I have not powered it up, as I stated to you in a PM it was returned to your box, using your packing material and is awaiting you to do the right, honest and reasonable thing which is to return my money.
    I have even offered to pay out of my pocket all expenses of UPS insured with a tracking number back to you.
    However, the record does need to be corrected. You stated last night on QTH forums that you sent me pictures prior to the purchase. Not true and I have posted the entire, un-edited email thread between us on my website at www.n5ou.com.
    You stated here and on QTH that you considered refunding my money, but last night prior to any post on ANY forum you unequivocally state that "I don't have the money any more, and that I would have to return the radio so that you could "re-sell it, then would send me "Some Money".
    Finally, your comment about me having the radio for over a week when it has not even been 24 hours yet. Provable via my USPS receipt and your own written acknowledgment.
    Philip, run this by us all again as to how I or other posters on these forums are at fault? I honestly must have missed it the first time.

73's Richard N5OU

8. KM4OP

Richard

Richard,

I just don't know what to say at this point, you have twisted this so far out of wack, I don't know when you got the radio, all I know is when you e-mailed me that the radio was not there yet, I went to the post office and was told it was there two days after I shipped it. I shipped on 11/18/2009 as you know. What went on on your end is your story, I am not saying it is not true only that I just know what went on here on this end.

my head hurts from this already. As I stated before I NEVER NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE. Thanks Richard

No more comments

9. W8JN

W8JN Ham Member QRZ Page

phil BANNED

WELL PHIL........
    i guess i am not the only one to consider you a fraud and unethical. apparently, you have been officially banned from listing items for sale on qth.com . the site owner examined the evidence and decided for himself that you are not the type of ham he wants on his site selling (cheating) to other honest hams.
    now, lets see if qrz.co will ban you also. your unethical cheating days are over.
    happy hoss trading paul w8jn

ps GIVE RICHARD HIS MONEY BACK OR YOUR REPUTATION WILL FOLLOW YOU IN PERPETUITY !!!

10. N5OU

N5OU Ham Member QRZ Page

A meaningful response to Philip

Philip, since you are unable to argue the facts of this sale; you elected instead to personally attack me and anyone else posting to these forums. The document facts, from start to finish speak for themselves and do not require my summation nor opinion. That is why I presented to the amateur radio brotherhood the way that I did. Since this appears to have run it's course and there will be no refund resolution as you clearly stated to me last night in the email you sent me, I will now offer my summation.
    1. You grossly mis-represented the radio as near mint and never mobile.
    2. You mis-represented a faceplate and connection cable which is worn and damaged as "un-used" "new" "REMOKIT.
    3. You then refused to refund my money even though I contacted you with pictured evidence within 15 minutes of opening the box. Even though I went above and beyond with my offer to pay for UPS insured return shipping with a tracking number.
    3. You told me to "do what you feel like you have to do".
    4. You personally attacked me and all those that reviewed the FACTS of this trade.
    5. You posted written comments on QTH and QRZ which were complete fabrications on your part which I and others have proof are 100% fabrications.
    6. And finally when all else fails, you call into question and accuracy what YOUR OWN postmaster at YOUR QTH told you and showed you in writing?

As a Christian man I can only come to 1 conclusion, KEEP the money; you need it far more than I do.

73's Richard N5OU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.