ad: M2Ant-1

KM4IPF Makes a Personal Visit to AMSAT's Fox-1 Cliff and Fox-1D Satellites

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WX4TV, Jan 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WX4TV

WX4TV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How many 9 year-old Extra Class amateur radio operators have personally visited two satellites that are headed for outer space? We only know of one!

Hope (KM4IPF) and the rest of the WK1DS crew visited with AMSAT's Fox-1 Cliff and Fox-1D satellites a couple of years ago as they were being prepared for the "shake and bake" testing in Orlando, Florida. We wanted to wait until just before launch to post the video, and Fox-1D is scheduled to launch in less than 36 hours!

Enjoy the video!

http://bit.ly/Fox-1D

KM4IPF and N0JY.png

N4FZ, N8RQ, KG5WR and 3 others like this.
  2. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent. Good job!

N4FZ likes this.
  3. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

OUTSTANDING !!!

N4FZ likes this.
  4. K9KQX

K9KQX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Impressive, lets hope she keeps the interest and goes into engineering or science.

N4FZ likes this.
  5. KA2PTE

KA2PTE Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio has a new mona Lisa

VU3BXS and N4FZ like this.
  6. NS4I

NS4I Ham Member QRZ Page

I admire kids that have an interest in amateur radio, and she seems to be very involved in it! I hope her the best of luck, and God bless.

N4FZ likes this.
  7. NA4RA

NA4RA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You are an outstanding and bright young person, you have a very bright future Hope! I will talk to you on the air. Thanks for posting. 73.

8. KD5HLV

KD5HLV Ham Member QRZ Page

This is OUTSTANDING!!!! Keep it up and God bless! I hope I have the privilege of a QSO with KM4IPF some day. ... 73, Pastor Greg Knippa, KD5HLV

9. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe she'll be able to convey to her "PEERS" that HAM RADIO IS WAY COOLER THAN "SMART-PHONES" and YAH THEY'D BE ABLE TO "TEXT" AS WELL!!! :) Who needs "Facebook or Twitter!!!

10. K4CSI

K4CSI QRZ Lifetime Member #159 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Congratulations Hope. You have more information in your head, from Ham Radio, and being Home Schooled, than many of the students I teach in College. KEEP LEARNING!

11. W8MGM

W8MGM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations WK1DS and Hope!