KK5AA - SCAM...BEWARE!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W9JH, Jan 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W9JH

W9JH Ham Member QRZ Page

Another KK5AA scam!

They apparently got my email address from a reply I made to a QRZ listing about a piece of equipment for sale. After that item sold the scammer sent me what turned out to be a fake ad for the same type of gear. The photos looked real and even had the callsign of KK5AA in the photos.

The scammer's fake email address was also believable > fred.kk5aa@gmail.com < But it's not Fred's email and he doesn't have one listed on his QRZ page...Clue #1 that it was a scam.

Secondly, they wanted the funds sent by PayPal Friends and Family for "faster shipping". Clue #2. This method is not covered by PayPal's buyer protection. Anyone doing so will be out of luck to recover the funds.

The PayPal address they use is: Isidoraroy2020@gmail.com

Don't fall for this SCAMMER!

Jack W9JH

AC0TX likes this.
  2. NE0X

NE0X Ham Member QRZ Page

well i fell for it, i cant fiqure out why if qrz knows about this scam it allows this guy to post to the site. ron ne0x

3. W9JH

W9JH Ham Member QRZ Page

In my case he didn't post here. Instead he knew that I was interested in a particular piece of equipment, and then using my QRZ email he sent me what looked and sounded like the real deal. Even answered my questions sounding like he knew what he was talking about.

Hope you didn't use PayPal Friends & Family so you can get your $ back. Either way I suggest reporting him to PayPal as they will close his account if they get enough complaints.