Kit Building + Old Radio Equipment Repair

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by AJ4XM, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-Geochron
  1. AJ4XM

AJ4XM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Kit Building - I will build your new or old kit for you. Or repair a kit that was built but did not come out right. Also available to build new projects from magazine articles as in QST or CQ or QEX. Extensive kit building experience including almost every kit Heath made in the Amateur Radio, TV/Stereo, Automotive, and Test Equipment field. (Private builder for local Heath Store back in the day). Also newer kits like MFJ, Elecraft, LP-PAN, etc. Discretion and service guaranteed.

Old Radio Equipment Repair - Older radios like HeathKit, Swan, Collins, Yaesu FT101 and later that were recently working and no longer work. Tube type sets as well as hybrid and solid-state units. Mostly radios and equipment that the dealers/factories no longer want to repair. (Not antique radios more than 50 years old that need restoration). I do component level repair not just board swapping. Other equipment as well including filters, audio gear, power supplies, test equipment, etc. All work guaranteed.

Extensive lineup of test equipment available to ensure quality and accuracy of work.

Reasonable rates / hour or per job. Per job repair rates may require examination and testing to determine extent of work needed.

For your specific needs please e mail me directly AJ4XM at my yahoo address (my call at yahoo).

Visit our club website at [U]www.wpbarc.com[/U] to see the latest ham happenings in South Florida.

Tom
    AJ4XM

2. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

fix

Hi. How much to "groom" my old Swan-500c (ss-16b special) ... (I pay shipping & handling)... (AARP, DAV, AAA, & all that other discount poop)... ...(I'm old, broke & broken).........BTW; I hold publishing properties to that, ...soon to be number ONE (& climbing) Olde original tune;... "OLD, ...BROKE & BROKEN" ummm,? ... Sorry, Kinda got carried away there fer a sec. ANYWAY,!!!... can you groom my Swan?... crap!!:eek: ...that sure didn't sound rite!!!

3. AJ4XM

Thanks for the inquiry.
    "Grooming" depends on how much hair is left. I'll Email more info.
    Tom
    AJ4XM

4. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks....

5. KE5KE

KE5KE Ham Member QRZ Page

Have a couple older Kenwood desktop repeaters, tkr-820 and 720 both need finals. Is this something you might be interested in.
    Michael Trammell

6. AJ4XM

Yes, I can repair those, if that is what you want.
    Thanks
    Tom
    AJ4XM

7. WA8LGM

WA8LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a couple of Radio Shack DX-390s which need Q1 replaced after getting a static discharge. How much for doing a repair on those items? call me at 440-734-3961. Thanks, John WA8LGM

8. AE7RZ

AE7RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you repair other kits from "Heathkit"? Such as my ignition analyzer?

9. AJ4XM

Yes, I can probably repair most kits from Heath. Still wish I had my Heath ignition analyzer from the early 70's that had the big scope display. Really was a professional grade piece of gear. But even the smaller ones are nice. I worked for and repaired pro units from Sun and Allen and the Heath unit was as well made. Email me some details about which model you have and what the issues are. I have a lot of heath manuals and it is always easier with the manual. But I fix things without also. aj4xm at yahoo.

10. AJ4XM

The minimum repair rate is $35 (per radio) and that is all it would be if that is all that was wrong plus parts(s) and shipping both ways. But Q1 is a 3SK195 MOSFET that is not made anymore so that will require some substitution and it is normal for more than 1 part to go from a discharge. I will call you as requested to discuss in more detail.
    Tom AJ4XM

11. WB0UFB

WB0UFB Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Tom: Would you happen to have a power supply for the Navy TCS Receiver?? Voltages 12 volt AC @ about 3amp---B+ around 220 VDC for about 8 tubes. Thanks---John Telker in Missouri

12. AJ4XM

Sorry but I do not have this power supply. In fact I have very few parts, stocking only common resistors, caps, diodes, etc. Since the equipment varies so much so do the parts. I occasionally end up with some pieces of equipment that are not repairable but they are usually sold for parts or scrap and proceeds donated to our local museum ham station. You might try putting a classified wanted ad in Electric Radio magazine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.