Kid friendly instructional materials needed

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by AF7FQ, Aug 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AF7FQ

AF7FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello everyone. I will be starting a ham radio after school club in about a month and I am looking for a very young kid friendly course to teach that will help the students pass their technician exam. I have used the ARRL powerpoint presentation for the 2014-2018 question pool in the past with great success, but that was with older students. I will be working with 9-10 year olds. Does anybody know where I might find a high quality, prepackaged course for the new question pool, preferably in Powerpoint format? I have done the usual Google search and checked the ARRL website, but after over an hour of searching I've come up empty.

2. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

My first reaction was that no matter what age you are, everybody studies exactly the same question pool. If there was an easier presentation of the material, there would be a lot of older "kids" using it too.

Many have made it clear that for them all three exams are reasonably easy. Many do not share that opinion. But how would you present a reasonable size presentation that suddenly makes the presentation of material simple?

I would present the regular information. Then I would let the kids point out what they do not understand. I would then pull alternate information out of my brain looking for something that helps to make it clearer to them.

You have a 2x2 "A" call just like I do. You should have your own built up store of knowledge to draw on.