KI7JCW - Peter's At It Again

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by NA3P, Oct 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

You are lucky. I have a seller that scammed me out of $375 and yet to see that refund. Never sent anything, filed a claim, he issued a bogus "refund" PP closed the claim, now no item, no refund no claim. I have called and emailed PP and they could care less. One lie after the other (they will issue the refund to my account tomorrow (that came and went) and now in a week (that won't happen), so PP is not necessarily out to protect anyone...be careful I am out $375

2. KL1T

KL1T Ham Member QRZ Page

This is why I always use a credit card through Paypal. It gives that additional layer of protection. In my dozens of purchases I've only had to make two claims, both through VISA, and both were an almost immediate refund. (One was ebay so PayPal refused to work with me)

N0TZU likes this.
  3. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

True. PP is only in it for PP. If/when you get an actual refund, they really don't care. They make a lot of money doing little to nothing...

KC0BIN likes this.
  4. N1GTR

N1GTR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, a sorenson power supply

KP4SX likes this.
  5. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

Got exactly the same emails from "Peter" in last couple of days. Sounded fishy from the get-go so gave no info to him. Checked here just on a hunch and WOW! What a "rap sheet"! Will report to QRZ.

6. NN4E

NN4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I submitted an abuse report to nut.cc where the phony QRZ page was hosted, I received a reply and it is gone now

7. N7AKC

N7AKC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just looked back at some of my old emails when I read the name and call sign. Good old "Peter"contacted me in October 2017 about an ID-880H he was "selling". He must have seen my post looking to purchase one from a real seller around the same time. I responded to his email (ki7jcw@gmail.com) and asked where he was located. His response was "Tucson, AZ 85705. Funny thing is I'm just up the road a few miles from the real Peter, so fake Peter never got back to me once he found this out.

8. KG5RPX

KG5RPX Ham Member QRZ Page

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THIS POST...Dangerous LINK. DO NOT CLICK ON LINK