KH1/KH7Z Operation

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K4LRX, Jul 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

One of the best cw ops I have heard in some time, knocking them off at an incredible rate, Now if we could just get everyone to understand the split concept, get rid of the intentional interference, those who delight in causing havoc on the air, life would be great. Considering the terrible band conditions, the QRM and failure to split, we have still made contacts with this station.

W5BIB likes this.
  2. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

split mistake happens. I got yelled at calling a 13 colonies stations b/c I simply hit the wrong button... made me laugh to get called a LID while trying to work New Jersey :rolleyes:

The intentional QRM and the frequency police have been the worse part of the operation. The CW operators have been respectful -at least then i've been listening - in that when he calls a station, the others stop sending. What's good about the KH1 CW guy is that he doesnt respond with partial calls which opens the door to a number of respondents - he only seems to respond when he has the full call.

3. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

Good Points, self appointed band cops, well it takes all kinds.

4. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Down here on the Gulf Coast of Alabama on 07/03 @ 1030z, KH1/KH7Z on 7023 khz, had folks calling all the way "Wall-to-Wall" :rolleyes: from 7024 to 7040 khz. !! :eek: Oh well,... I never heard them...... but !,... it was sure good to hear sooo- much activity:)

77 es 72/73 CL -dit dit- ;)

Steve / W5BIB

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

They were quite readable here about that time, Steve. I didn't get them, though. I only found the calling spot once and after I lost that I never could find it again. They were working a fair number of JAs which I could not copy.

K1ZJH likes this.
  6. K1ZJH

K1ZJH Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked them on 40 around 0930Z this morning. Fair signal on 7023, QSX +5 or so... they were working a ton of JA stations around that time which I could not copy.... finally was able to spot and tail-end a stateside station with success.

Pete

KP4SX likes this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats, Pete!

8. K1ZJH

K1ZJH Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on your 20M qso!

9. KD2IYI

KD2IYI Ham Member QRZ Page

Here in NYC, even on FT8, I can't hear KH7Z on the designated frequencies (40m and 20m), though I can see other stations sending signal reports.

My kingdom for a sunspot.....

10. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

[Sarcasm ON]
    Then it would be too easy. Surely some people would say that. From there, to ask for a DXCC QRM free award as not to soil past achievements under more difficult circumstances, is an easy development.:D
    [\Sarcasm OFF]