ad: elecraft

KH1/KH7Z Baker Island

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jun 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I was tracking them around the clock and one day they used some RTTY, just to appease the old timers like me who love RTTY! But they were dirt weak and hard to decode with MMTTY. Plus the JAs got most of the answers. Then along came the 13 Colonies event which distracted me and by the time I got back to chasing the KH1, I ran out of time. They are long QRT now. Looks like they gave out countless ATNOs. I just needed them on CW and Digital. CW in the log on 3 bands, but SOL on Digital!

2. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You were distracted by that? There's time to work them after KH1 is done. Neither of us may see another Baker activation.

Remember: DX Is!

K1TGX, K2HAT and N6RGR like this.
  3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I called them on FT-8 right up until the moment they sent "KH1/KH7Z QRT". and then they were all gone! Yep, not much chance of anyone going there again in MY LIFETIME, but you never know!!!

4. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't touch 13 colonies until after KH1 was done. Once KH1 went QRT there was plenty of time to do the whole thing. Besides, 13 colonies is an annual event... if you miss it entirely it will be there next year. Heck, I ignored it entirely for the previous 9 years until this year. Swept it w/ the two bonus stations in under 6 hours.

K2HAT and WF4W like this.